Tested and updated for macOS 12 Monterey.
Update NaNoWriMo Word Count
- A new “Update NaNoWriMo Word Count” feature has been added to the Project menu for those taking part in National Novel Writing Month. This feature is available when using the special NaNoWriMo project template available from our site, or for any project with a target of 50,000 words and a deadline of 30th November. The feature can be added to any project with any target or deadline using these instructions.
- When the system tint is set to grey, the focus indicators in Scrivener’s header bars are now blue, rather than using the system tint colour, which, when grey, is too easily confused with the regular header background colour and locked-in-place.
- “Insert MathType Equation” is now hidden on 64-bit machines (and if MathType is not installed).
- The “selection affects other editor” button now has its background highlighted when on, to make its state clearer.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Fixed .docx import bug whereby lists based on styles could throw an exception and would not import properly.
- Fixed bug whereby toolbar search field didn’t update to reflect search collection settings.
- Fixed bug whereby footnote markers may use bold or italics in Word export if the footnote itself started with bold or italics.
- Fixed bug whereby the “Section headers use binder indenting levels” Fountain option in Compile did nothing.
- Fixed an issue whereby part titles may not appear correctly in Vellum when using the Vellum .docx Compile format.
- Fixed bug whereby controls were squashed in Page Layout.
- Fixed position of styles and font buttons in the format bar for compact layout.
- Fixed bug whereby Preferences toolbar was too short.
- Preferences for disabling insertion point blinking are no longer available on macOS 11 and above. macOS 11 and above do not allow insertion point blinking to be disabled.