Many thanks to everyone for all the enthusiasm about our Scrivener for iOS release tomorrow! As we've been receiving a lot of questions, I just wanted to clear up a few things:
- Scrivener will be released in the morning of July 20th UK time. I apologise to our antipodean customers, as I'm aware that it will be very late on the 20th for them, but we need to release it at the start of our own day so that we can deal with as many initial support requests as possible.
- Price: Scrivener will cost $19.99 in the US store ("price tier 20" in Apple terminology, which is £14.99 in the UK, for instance).
- Requirements: Any iOS device running iOS 9.0 or above.
- Availability: Scrivener for iOS will be available in the iOS App Store in all the same countries the macOS version is available in the Mac App Store. (Please note that we are unfortunately unable to sell into territories where neither Apple nor our own accountant handles sales tax.)
- Language: The UI for Scrivener 1.0 for iOS will be in English only. We will be adding support for other languages in upcoming free updates. (Translation takes time, so we would have had to delay the release further to get non-English languages in 1.0. This will be a priority over the next couple of months.)
- Compatibility: Scrivener for iOS uses Dropbox to sync with the macOS and Windows versions. (In answer to all of our Windows users, yes, of course it works with the Windows version as well as the macOS version!)
If you are an existing customer, please make sure you update Scrivener for macOS or Windows to the latest version (2.8 on the Mac, 1.9.5 on Windows). iOS projects and edits will not be recognised in older desktop versions.
On the subject of existing customers, I'm afraid we are unable to offer discounts on the iOS version to existing customers of the Mac and Windows versions. This just isn't possible with the App Store, which is the only way we can sell our iOS version - Apple has no facility for providing partial discounts, so there's just no way for us to do it.
Note that Scrivener for iOS is called... Scrivener
Please be careful when purchasing, as there are other apps available in the App Store that have names similar to Scrivener, which come up in searches for "Scrivener" and which have been designed to open Scrivener files but which are nothing to do with us. The official Scrivener for iOS app is simply called Scrivener. If it's not called "Scrivener", it's not our app.
When Scrivener is available on the App Store, it will be at this link:
Tomorrow's a big day for us (and it's been a long time coming!), so thank you again for everyone who has supported us on this journey and shown so much enthusiasm. We hope you like it as much as we do!