Displaying certain metadata per folder?

Hi! Great software – I’ve been trying it out for a few days now. I was wondering if it’s possible to view different metadata in the outline depending on the folder? For example, I have my “Characters” folder with different character sketches, and I use metadata like “Gender,” “Species,” “Date of Birth,” etc. In the outline, it’s really handy having all this information available for all my characters at a glance.

I also have my manuscript folder, in which I have all my chapters and scenes. For these items, I use metadata like “Point-of-View,” “Time and Date,” etc. But I can’t seem to get it so only certain metadata is displayed when I’m viewing my scenes in the outline. I don’t want to see metadata like “Gender,” “Species,” “Date of Birth,” etc. listed for my scenes; obviously, it doesn’t really make sense to have it there. I don’t really want to have to adjust which metadata is listed every time I switch folders.

Is it possible to set up custom “views,” so when I view my characters folder, only character-related metadata is displayed, and when I view my scenes, only scene-specific metadata is displayed?

Thank you in advance for any help! :slight_smile: My apologies if the solution to this is obvious, haha.