All I want for Christmas ...

… is to send L&L some money for Scrivener 3.0.

Will Santa deliver? That is, am I on the Nice list? :smiley:

If you’re asking for an ETA, please stop. They’ve already told us they’re not giving those out any more.

I’d like a little more free time and a lot more talent, please! Ooh, and an eighth season of The West Wing!

Writing related gifts might include:

• an iPad Pro with a smart keyboard and pencil because I really like Scrivener for iOS and editing by scribbling on PDFs, and my old pre-pencil, pre smart keyboard Pad has a big ol’ crack in the screen.
  • tea. All [my] writing is fuelled by tea.
  • more rolls of temporary whiteboard sheets (for when only scribbling on a wall gets it done).
  • lovely fonts (either recommendation of ones I can get through Adobe or actual ones from other distrubutors)
  • a new mouse. I recently acquired a new keyboard and would like a new mouse to go with it. I have my eye on the Logitech Master MX3.

I’m still unsure if I’d actually want a Kindle or not. I love paper books too much. Although earlier this year I took 5 books on vacation, bought 2 more at the airport (and read a grand total of 7 pages :frowning: ) so the weight / bulk advantages when packing are pretty obvious.

Talent as a writer would be at the top of my list, as well. :unamused:

I’m hoping for lumps of coal for everyone who deserves one (except for actual children, of course, and me!).

More snow! And colder days. so it stops melting away! :smiley:

… but preferably no reindeers in the village this Christmas.

What do you mean colder days? It’s 5°F already. And more snow? 15 inches is not enough? :wink: :laughing: We need the summer back. And the sun.

It’s fluctuating around 0 C (32 F) and it’s only 1-2 ” of snow. :frowning:
But I’m optimistic! By Christmas, then…! :smiley:

PayPal will work perfectly well. Just do it. I just did it last March. )

Ah, so all the blacksmiths!

Seriously, my son is a blacksmith and would be DELIGHTED to get coal for Christmas, even though he has a propane forge at home. He teaches blacksmithing at a Scout camp during the summers and they use coal forges.

Ah, blacksmith… makes me think of horse shoes, and our horses.
And horses make every day special, like Christmas. :smiley:

Why so serious?
Clearly I wasn’t asking for an ETA; besides, the beta works nicely for me.
But I’d like to pay L&L for their work by Christmas, if possible.
It just seems aesthetically correct. :slight_smile:

I am so envious of you right now… :wink:

Forgiveness

When I was a child, my grandfather would take me to visit the blacksmith in a neighboring town. I recall marveling at just about everything - the glowing forge; the huge anvil; the harnesses hanging on the walls; the various tools. I recall they’d have a b.s. session and we’d go on our way.

Thanks for reminding me of that. It’s been a while.

Having a family heritage base in a coal mining area with a very high poverty rate, there were always 2 jokes I remember from every holiday visit…

1. Encourage the kids to be “bad”… we want Nick to buy more!
  2. Encourage the kids to be “bad”… heat the house for free!