Current: Beta - Release Candidate 18, version 126.96.36.199
Latest Beta - Release Candidate 18 Download Link
188.8.131.52 (64-bit) | 184.108.40.206 (32-bit)
(The 32-bit version installs by default to C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener on administrator accounts; the 64-bit version installs to C:\Program Files\Scrivener. Please be sure to uninstall previous betas before installing this Beta. If you wish, your program preferences can be saved first via the "Manage..." button in File > Options, then reloaded after the fresh installation. Bear in mind that changes between betas may affect restoring settings, and if you are experiencing oddities, please try resetting to the defaults.)
New interim betas will be posted here; please check Help > About Scrivener to ensure you are using the most recent version. You can subscribe to this topic to get notifications when new betas are released.
You can also use Help > Check for Updates in beta releases to download the latest beta.
System Requirements and Compatibility
- Scrivener 3 requires Windows 7 or above with .NET v4.6.2 or higher.
- Scrivener 3's file format has been updated and is not backwards-compatible with Scrivener 1 (or Scrivener 2 on macOS). When you open a Scrivener 1 project in Scrivener 3, you will be prompted to update the project, after which you will not be able to open it in Scrivener 1 (although a backup will be made before the update).
Installing 1.9.9 and 3.0 Beta Side by Side
It is possible to have both 1.9.9 and the Scrivener 3.0 beta installed simultaneously, but you will need to choose a different location during the installation process (e.g. change the default "Scrivener" folder name to "Scrivener3"). We suggest also changing the name of 1.9.9 shortcuts before installing Scrivener 3 to prevent the new installation overwriting them.
Please note that at this time, only the most recently installed Scrivener version will appear in the Windows Programs list, and double-clicking a project file will attempt to open it in that version. You can instead drag the project file icon onto the appropriate app icon for the version you want or use File > Open... within Scrivener to access the project.
- MMDHashCount not exported into .scrformat file 
- Compile - Separators - item separation not handled by Replacements 
- Inspector changes to bookmarks view if hidden on project close 
- Compile to ebooks not consistently converting document links 
- Ebook custom ToC output is broken 
- Update some compile templates and Project Template 
- View > Inspector should show state indicator in menu 
- Options > Use Formatting in Current Editor & Project Settings > Use Current, use wrong block formats 
- Update the Courier Prime font distributed with Scrivener 
- Compiling PDF with Courier Prime can produce scrambled text 
- Add last Ebook endnote settings to match Mac 
- Copyholder automatically reopened with editor and split incorrectly 
- Some eBooks with images might fail ePub validation 
- Use "Win" instead of "Meta" for the menu shortcuts 
Beta Release Candidate 18 expires 28th Feb 2021.
A Note on Suggestions
To help resolve remaining bugs, we'd appreciate keeping the beta forum posts dedicated to bug reports or questions on working with the beta. Suggestions for the interface or functionality should instead be posted in Scrivener's general wishlist forum, since most of these affect the design for both Windows and macOS. Thank you!
Lee & Tiho
Feb 17th 2021