transparent drop down menus

I just purchased Scrivener 1 for Windows; and began the tutorial. Unfortunately the drop down menus became transparent, after using the “full screen” button. Occasionally on repeatedly hitting a menu it will temporarily come back, but in erratic fashion.

I think there have been 3 prior posts on this subject, with 1 post indicating resolution with uninstalling and reinstalling Scrivener. I tried this, and like another person, this was unsuccessful. I have searched the base and haven’t been able to find a solution. Any thoughts would e greatly appreciated.
bushido49

I just looked at this. In my version (1.9.13.0), the drop down menus are not transparent when dropped down. In any case, if you set the page width to full the transparancy disappears. Does that help?

Thank you for your quick response. I did set the page setting to full but that did not make the menus visible. They still are completely transparent. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Just in case it had to do with C++ runtime I reinstalled this also in addition to uninstalling/reinstalling the program. When I start the program fresh the menus appear nicely, but then I hit the full screen button and they disappear.
Bushido49