Moving from Beta to Official Release

When Scrivener 3 Windows goes live, and we can update our 1.9.x, will there be a way to save all our Beta Scrivener settings? Or will we have to do them all again?

From the beta: File > Options > Manage (lower left) > Save Options to File should save most of the beta settings to a file, which you can then load in the next release.

As far as I can tell, you cannot save Toolbar settings. I take a screenshot of mine and rebuild them by hand.

You can export custom compile settings.

This is the way it works in 1.9 too.

You can also save beta themes as well.

Best,
Jim

You can, but not inside Scrivener. It’s a registry setting:

The entry for the toolbar is at “Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LiteratureAndLatte\Scrivener\ToolBar” and the key is “layout”.

If you export that key using regedit before an upgrade, you can import it after the upgrade (assuming the format doesn’t change. It hasn’t changed in years, and I don’t expect it to).

Otoh, your method (screenshot and duplicate) will work fine.

They just changed the paperclip Insert icon from the formating toolbar (optional) to the main toolbar (default). One menu item option was removed with the move. I’ll have to look to see what that was. That is the first of the icons I’ve seen move in many years.