Welcome to the all-new all-singing updated forums

Thanks for the suggestion. I just converted the image to JPEG and tried submitting it, but received this error message:

“It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.”

Strange.

Gerry

OK, I think I figured it out. I was using an image that was 128 x 128 pixels, and was not specifying a pixel size, leaving it at zero’s as per the instructions “leave blank to attempt automatic verification”. I entered the size of 80 x 80 pixels and it worked!

I tried using the 80 x 80 size with the TIFF version, and that still did not work, so I think your suggestion that UBB doesn’t like that file flavor could be accurate.

Thanks,
Gerry

Yeah, TIFFs are most commonly used for hi/print resolution images, and by default are lossless. Some browsers have developed to support them, but as a general rule stick to JPGs, GIFs or PNG when putting stuff on the Net. They’re all specifically designed for screen viewing.

Temporary RSS feed link:

feed://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/rss.php

It’s pretty cheap and simple, but it should tide folk over until something better either gets an official release or becomes easier to install. Big thanks to my brother for finding this!

Best,
Keith

And now it’s up on the main page. Hello? Where are those RSS naggers? You have RSS now! :slight_smile:

While not a nagger, I happened to try your forums today to see if the RSS thing was worked out yet, and Lo! it was. :slight_smile: So thanks!

Thank you for hooking up RSS again Keith, much much appreciated!

Yes, meant to post my thanks for restoring the RSS, which I discovered the other day before the notice was posted when my old RSS feed suddenly started working again. But when I tried to post, I got a SQL error message, and have had a few more of those pop up in both safari and netnewswire. hope it works this time! and thanks again.

RSS Nagger? Moi? Thanks to your brother. And also you.

These forums are much better and more focused than the old ‘boxy’ ones. Many thanks and congratulations to the Scrivener team.

I heard that next year this all-new-all-singing forum will be on American Idol

wozzaat??

No, no. It’s “American idle,” which is either

a hidden setting on Japanese cars
or the pace of US action on global climate change
or Eric’s half-brother, who’s never been funny.

American IDOL? Can’t imagine such a thing. Unless we’re talking, say, the Bear Stearns building in NYC.

Phil

Beetles
Stones
U2

Wait, not American.

Damn.

** Forgot Clapton

And to think I thought the IDOL so closely coveted was

CLIENT 9

:slight_smile:

I generally hate forums and forum software but this forum is now the exception to both! Terrifically pretty. (It was the exception only to the former before.)

hello ,
Can anyone suggest a non microsoft word processor that is suitable for both academic and creative writing,non-fiction and article writing? Something that can work with Scrivener, Keith mentioned both Nisus and Mellel, does anyone have any advice to pass on to a novice?
thank you

Hi,
Actually the best place to post this question would be by starting a new thread in the “Software by Other Folk” section of the forum - you’ll get more response there.
Thanks!
All the best,
Keith

Blimey! What an absolutely gorgeous looking forum. :smiley:

Er, but where are the emoticons? #-o

Satiated and lurking in their aggregators, I would presume!