NiaD 7: The Magnificent NiaD

Chasing stragglers – won’t be long.

Mr B is a straggler? And I was in at #2? Has the universe come undone?

Nope - he’s in. I just haven’t updated that page yet.
I’m probably going to have to pull the plug on the others and start compiling now!

oh-so-youre-a-niad-writer-are-you-tell-me-about-that-time-you-left-piggy-high-and-dry.jpg

Okay, I’m calling it - time of death, 00:37 British Summer Time
Those outstanding chapters at this point will unfortunately need to be cut out. Sorry.

It was a pretty fun experience. Thanks for allowing me to participate.

There is a new book in the library…

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=28582

Thanks to everyone who took part. I hope you had fun!!! :smiley:

Many much fun!

Mucho many! Thanks as always to Pigfender for a tonne of backoffice work to make this all fun for us.

Thank you, Pigfender! We couldn’t have done this without you! :wink:

Until next time!

Heather

Much fun was had, indeed.
Pigfender, you are a steely eyed dude, dude. :smiley:

I’ve just uploaded a complete replacement suite of documents to fix a typo in the Introduction. Thanks to Pete for pointing it out.

As an aside, if anyone is interested, here’s a link to the NiaD7-themed playlist I’ve been listening to over the past week while I’ve been finalising all the details. open.spotify.com/user/tim_roger … hCFK1EHKhT

I have had sleep, done my chores and downloaded the 2017 NiaD. I am looking forward to seeing what we accomplished.
Thanks for letting me participate. I really enjoyed it and a super big thanks to everyone who organised and participated.
I look forward to seeing you all again next year!
And now, I have some reading to do.

Woke up “early” to get my hands on the completed works after the late night yesterday. Yay! Thanks pigfender!!

Reading the three and laughing like a drain - great work, lads!

Read the novel this morning. It was amazing to see how the story played out. Now I feel I should have upped the fx budget :smiley:

Would you do it again (if you’re let)?

How would you tackle it next time - what did you do wrong and right?

Me: not POOEE enough, I failed to escalate sufficiently; didn’t leave time for editing: note to self - put it in the calendar so nothing else is scheduled for the day; keep it to 1,500 words, tight and fast and escalating and fun and in-the-genre.

Thank You Rog and everyone on this forum for this wonderful experience ! I loved every bit of it.
I had the whole novel already completed in my head, so it’s going to be real fun to read how it turned out instead.

P.s. Thanks for the playlist !

Not leave a bulk of it until 5 hours before deadline!

I’d like to express my appreciation to Rog and this community for the fantastic exercise that is NiaD. I consider this a perfect lead-in to NaNoWriMo and a great training experience. See you all next year!