Help needed

Hey all.
I’m still silly busy, so was wondering if I could delegate a task from my Mum to you lot?

I’ve had the following three text messages:
[i]- Hi [pigfender]! Can you recommend a good book for a bloke please? Love Ma x

• Novel I mean
  • It’s for Chris who live in USA. I thought I would go Amazon USA. I always send something small. I’ve no idea what he likes. I just know you like books, so you were the best person for advice x[/i]

Obviously the best book ever written is Flowers for Algernon, but what are some other ‘bankable’ suggestions?

Hugs,
Яog

Hey Яog, one of my work colleagues has very much enjoyed “The Martian” by Andy Weir. Sort of MacGyver meets Robinson Crusoe (if MacGyver and Robinson Crusoe were on Mars). He said it was a ripping yarn and rattles along (I haven’t read it yet, it’s on my 2017 list).

A High Wind in Jamaica.

Dave Eggers’ 2013 novel ‘The Circle’.

Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruis Zafon.

The name of the wind - Patrick Rothfuss

One of the best fantasy novels in years.

Concur with both The Martian (which I just finished re-reading) and The Name of the Wind.

Thanks, y’all!

Have let my mum know. Whoever this Chris chap is will hopefully enjoy your suggestions! :slight_smile:

People still read?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hrm. What’s he like to read?

If he’s a dipperiner, he could love goodreads.com/book/show/557 … Melancholy and spend the rest of his life happily dipping into Burton’s clever, humorous masterpiece.

Douglas Adam’s Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency

That and, of course, Immanuel Kant’s Critique of Pure Reason. :open_mouth:

F’ some reason 'r other, I Kan’t get my head around that lot :unamused:

reason has never been one of your strengths…

That’s why we love you so much?

I was going to add to that, but I just Kant.

I hope you’re not so proud that you Kant ask for help. Aboard Scriv, helping each other is our raison d’être.
I have a cornucopia of superlatives (if I can remember where I left the friggers), to place at you disposal, should you so desire.
Vic

See… reason is over rated when you have wit. I suggest we all do as Vic-k… dispose of reason in favor of wit.

Although… could the universe handle more than one vic-k? This could be dangerous.

[size=150]P’rhaps not the old version, but the latest holographic iteration probably could :confused:[/size]
theguardian.com/science/sho … f-universe