Anyone here who knows Sanskrit, Urdu, Kashmiri or Tibetan?

I would need to know how you translate:

The book of elephants

or:

The great book of elephants

into any of the above mentioned languages.

Thanks a lot!

best,
j.

Jolanth
Try this: omniglot.com/writing/sanskrit.htm
There`s plenty of stuff if you Google
vic :slight_smile:

Thanks Vic,
I’ve had a look at this already. All the links are quite useful, but none of them gives a straightforward translation (as far as I can see). I thought there might be someone in Scrivener’s international jet set who would have something like this off pat. Guess I’ll just contact the university.

best,
j.

Supplementary artwork:

:blush: :blush: :blush:
:blush: :exclamation: :blush:
:blush: :blush: :blush:

I think the best way to have to done properly is by a human being. The context of the words could change the particular words used in translation, or the way they are put together.

Even if there was an online translater in the way of babelfish for languages such as this, the result is unlikely to be right. Babelfish is great for getting the gist of a question for example, but it mauls the syntax terribly.

That’s exactly what I was thinking.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: 8) :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m getting addicted to this.

Jolanth

Ive been away from this cesspit for a couple of hours or so, foraging for and preparing my wifes evening repast. As I left Pink was about vent her spleen on me. Therefore, I`m not sure if:

(a) I am dead.
(b) mortally wounded.
© beaten to a pulp beyond recognition, but saveable.
(d) moderately mangled.
(e) libidinously sated/nackered, after sadomasochistic gymnasticated fornication, with Miss Cartland/pouting Pink.

However, if Im not already dead,what Im about to say, could cost me dear; I could choke from saying it, but Ive always been one for giving credit where its due.
In this very isolated instance, Jolanth, all credit to Poutie, everything thing shes said is...sss..ssp...spot on!!!.:open_mouth: Im still here, so I guess I`m dead. :cry:

I`ve had awful problems with my little widget, NO! NO! :blush:not that little widget!!! I talking about my little Apple Translator Widget . Every-time I use it, to try and chat up girls on board Scriv. Using my 8) sexy French cool dude persona. They just laugh at me :cry: :cry:

So you are far better getting it straight from the …elephants trunk…Hhaaarrgghhh!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Ive just sat here typing all that in crap in just to get that joke in ( :imp: youre not allowed to say `“What Joke?”)

I must be dead if I`m that desperate :cry: :cry:

I am dead because my hands are becoming translusent and its getting harder to push the keys. A bit like Casper the ghost

What joke?

I’m getting so confused…

Is this emoticon hell, or avatar heaven?

:unamused: