Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Done! Barely made 1500. Hoping the guy I Just gave a big headache to isn’t happy and cheerful next chapter.

Mine went in about half an hour ago, so I hope our esteemed Pigmeister has received it. Started the day thinking I’m going to struggle to 1000, this is so out of my comfort zone — which I have to admit is incredibly small! — but ended up with 2650 words. The last time I only managed about 1700, when I was more at ease.

Well, it’s in, but I don’t suppose it reads like a chapter of any known Western!

We’ll all see tonight. It’s been fun. And as always, congratulations and many thanks for all his hard work go to Rog.

Mr X

Okay, I submitted my bit, Rog! PLEASE, let me know ASAP if you don’t get it, as I’m headed out for the day in a bit here. :slight_smile:

It WAS fun… I stumbled across a reference to this earlier this week and thought, “Eh, what the heck?”

But I had been not writing that much lately and was feeling very un-Writerly as a result.
I think this was the deadline I needed to get me back in the saddle (pun intended, I guess) and back at the keyboard.

Plus, I discovered a great new Writer’s board (Who knew Scrivener had a forum?)

Anyway, I’m here now and looking forward to the NEXT big thing on my writing radar, namely Nanowrimo…

Just sent in my chapter. 1796 words. I feel pretty good about it considering my complete screw up of the times. I’d say it’s solid work for having only 5 hours to work on it. LOL!

Rog replied to my email with “looking forward to reading what you came up with,” and it occurred to me:

How the HELL is Rog supposed to read THREE novels in the next few hours. He must be some kind of literary God-Man.

Done submitted and on time. Good thing there is a deadline or I would go on fiddling till I finally ruined the whole thing. I might have gone on a bit, a habit of mine I fear. I am very interested to see all the versions.

Not come through yet… can you send to BOTH email addresses to be sure?
Thanks

Still have gotten my reply…How long between you submitting and getting a reply?

Yes! Just sent mine in and couldn’t have cut it any closer. I can’t wait to see how the finished copy turns out. I’ve never written a Western before.

Has now come through and I can open the file. Go party.

What about mine?

Is there an email that you prefer it sent to?

I’ve got it and can open it, but as you can imagine I’ve gotten hit with a few of these at the same time. So some of you might have to wait a little while for confirmation. :slight_smile:

walks away muttering "Those lazy British…Now, the SCOTS…THEY"D be on top of replies…

Thanks for letting me know.

Rog, are you sending receipt confirmations for chapters? If so, I haven’t gotten one. Wasn’t worried until I saw that others seem to be getting them. I sent to both e-mails.

[Oh. Saw your response to someone else just now. I guess you’ll contact us if the chapter hasn’t arrived.]

Chapter sent to both emails: lizcarmel_chapter.rtf

That was fun! I can’t wait to read the finished novel and see how it all turns out.

Thanks for organizing this. Love the background and premise!

Liz

Mine has just been submitted. It weighs in at 2700 words. Oy, I need more practice. If only I could set myself deadlines like this for my own projects. :unamused:

I just scraped in under the wire. Phew, and W00T!

Woot INDEED

I hear you…There’s NO way I would have written 3,500 words in one day if it wasn’t for this…