Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

From the appropriate but WTF??? files:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtknX95emMQ

My God it needs so much work. I think I will be the last to submit. But it will be on time. Stress!!!

I still need to write most of mine… :confused:

Well, you’ve got FIVE HOURS. Plenty of time. :slight_smile:

The fourth chapter is IN!

five hours? What?!?

Was there Facebook in 1867? Or was it still MySpace back then?

I suspect everyone looks like this about now:

http://images.intouchweekly.com/uploads/images/file/4916/typing-gif.gif?fit=crop&h=400&w=680

erm… yes, but as long as it’s not, the banks, the jail, the mayors office or the red boot saloon! Whatever you create, you can (and sometimes should) destroy!

:slight_smile:

I think they called it “the Electric Telegraph” back then, but it was probably mostly used for sharing funny stories about kittens.

In you brief, this link is included:
timeanddate.com/countdown/to … sive&swk=1
… in case you were feeling a little too relaxed. :smiling_imp:

Yeah, I see that. I didn’t realize it was all based on London time. I just opened it an hour ago. Talk about having a deadline.

Haha don’t worry. I thought this was next weekend, and only opened my writer email on a complete whim, luckily.

1020 words down! Should be 1500+ by the time I finish what I want to say :slight_smile:

Done and sent.

Yeah, I’m still trying to put the scene together. I have 84 words so far. It’ll go fast once I figure out what’s going to happen. I’m only panicking a little.

I’ve got tea, pie, and four hours of sleep. Time to finish this baby up. I feel like I’m going to be brushing right up against the deadline at this point. Heavy lesbian subtext takes a lot of work.

Well… I have bad news for everyone. Piggy’s system is going to die. I just sent in my “final” version.

I would like to apologize for the poor editing. Voice consistency will have have Ahab, Hugh and anyone with a brain hating it (Vick and nomnomnom should be ok with it). I think the basic premise is good and it reads “right”. I’m just out of time.

I did produce something that I feel is true to my “vision” and the the NiaD spirit. I did not bail on my commitment to Piggy or the rest of you.

I hang my neck stump in shame.

I googled what tribes would have been there in the 1860s and got…well…I got a lesson in anthropology and natives politics…

Just curious if the White locals would have known the difference between the various tribes or just clumped them all under the semi-generic “Apache” or Yumi tribes. (In reality, there are about a dozen sub-sets and different minor tribes in that area)

They probably would have just called them Apache if they called them anything other than “Indians”

Woot! Hit my 1500. Gonna get the last paragraph or so in, scan it for whatever and then it’s your’s Meister Piggenfelder.

Pacing myself this time helped, that and getting up five hours or more earlier.

Whoa! Native Americans? Huh? Someone got Native Americans and I had to make due with Smurfs? What’s the dealeo with that? Do you know how hard it is to make it believable that a Smurf is wearing a six-shooter rather than dragging it on the belt behind them. But, I think I did it passably well. I’ll leave judgement to the rest of ya’ll. I feel sorry for whoever got the purple dragon.

And yes, the ‘ya’ll’ is truly all I could muster in the flavor of the genre.

Oh, and Meister Piggenfelder, tee shirts were a great start last year. I’m looking forward to the full roll-out of the Infinite Monkey fashion line.