Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Sounds like fun! Count me in.

My blog is http://pegasusspeaks.com/.

Liz

Lazey, lizcarmel, WELCOME TO NiaD! Check your forum messages with a couple of admin questions I have to get everything ready for the big day.

Just checking - I think I’m in as I’m on your list, but I haven’t seen any request for a sample this year.

Do you not need one from me 'cos I did it last year?

Yup! You’re in! :slight_smile:

For anyone hesitating over whether to sign up… you’ve only got THIRTY MINUTES LEFT.

(although I won’t get chance to look at your samples etc until the morning to confirm participation, but if you’ve signed up by midnight UK time we can do all that tomorrow morning).

Right, that’s it. [size=200]Sign up is now closed[/size] for the fifth Novel-in-a-Day event.

Our final tally is 55 participants, which means that we’ll be producing THREE different versions of the novel, and 11 of you will find your work in two versions of the finished work.

I still need an email address and pen name from a couple of you, but it’s late so I’ll chase those up tomorrow.

I’ve just returned from Mars and was hiding under a rock, so just now found out about Novel in a Day. Was soooooo excited to sign up until I noted it is closed. If anyone cancels, are you taking names on wait-lists? Another year is an awfully long time to wait… :cry:

OT: Where can I find the Scrivener project files for previous NIADs? I looked, but can’t seem to fing the right place,

KM,

Go here and click on any of the books. There you will find, among other things, the Scrivener project file for that book.

-gr

Thanks. I’d clicked another link to the books and could access them, but not the scriv. files.

If you’re having trouble opening the downloaded project, note that they’re .zip compressed. You have to right-click the file and “extract all” or whatever your OS/zip utility provides as an option. Zip files are read-only, but Scrivener must be able to write to certain files in the project when it opens.

YAY!! I’m in! Dances with joy (and slightly worried expression …) :smiley: :neutral_face:

Can I sign up in advance for the sixth Novel-in-a-Day event? Figure I might as well get it done in advance. :wink:

I am now going into genre-neutral lock down. Twenty hours and counting…

Counting down :slight_smile:

Hi,

Excited to start my first NiaD! Just want to ask, if I have questions about the material I am sent, can I ask clarifying questions or is that all I have to go on? What is the normal practice?

Just make it up!

Seriously though, Piggy was a big help to me on my first NIAD. Just remember that you can NOT post publicly. PM or Email to the pigmeister is what you want. Vic-K is unreliable. The rest of the planet is doing NiaD so they are out.

Have fun.

Thanks. I just read a previous comment that it is more about having fun being creative than worrying too much about continuity differences and making it “paint by numbers.” Can’t wait!

Looking forward to doing this tomorrow! It makes it even more unpredictable by the fact I’m going out to a gig tonight, and then out again tomorrow around 5pm to see an ice hockey match…so I have the hungover/still slightly-drunk hours of around 9-4 tomorrow to get it done…

I’m not worried though - it’d actually be worse if I was stuck in all weekend, bored and sleepy and not pressured by deadlines. I studied journalism so having most of the day to do something is easy…! :neutral_face:

Just over two hours left, all! I’m so excited to get going on this!

Just hoping I manage my time differences properly. It’s 3:20pm here!

:smiley:

BON VOYAGE, NIADers. GOOD LUCK & ENJOY! :wink:
Vic