Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Based on the state of my unmentionables drawer, any briefs would be acceptable. I apparently have little standard and purchase the cheapest, and hence lowest quality, undergarments possible. Since the majority of my life is spent with immense and direct pressure on such flimsy fabric they need all the support they can get. The back up bench is deep. And wide. In all the connotations of wide. I admit it, I need to lose more than a few pounds. It might be easier to measure in terms of 3yr olds. Or terriers. In either measure I’m shooting to divest myself of 3.6 units.

Ahhh … thanks for sharing.

Hey Camy. I’ve sent you a forum message with the next steps!

[b][size=200]IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO THINKS THAT THEY SHOULD BE INCLUDED BUT WHOSE NAME IS NOT LISTED IN THE SECOND POST OF THIS THREAD…

PLEASE CONTACT ME![/size][/b]

I am very close to locking the participant list now. So if you’ve not responded to requests for writing samples then time is running out!

I’m also pretty sure that I’ve sent requests to everyone who has expressed an interest, but if you’ve not received that PLEASE CHASE ME as otherwise my records have you down as requested but not responded.

The definitive list of who I think is taking part is HERE.

I’m in! Last year was a great experience. I can’t wait to do it again this year. :smiley:

If it is not too late could I pretty please be included? I actually have the day off work for once! Sorry if this comes too late.

Hi Jake0, welcome to the forum! I’ve sent you a forum message with the next steps.

Peytonic, welcome back!

[size=200]TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN UP TO TAKE PART. [/size]

In order to get all the admin done in time, I’ll be closing the participation list at 11:59pm THIS EVENING. Last chance to encourage your friends to take part! :smiley:

I’m in, if there’s still room.

Hey Kingstonmike! yup, still taking participants until the end of the day. I’ve sent you a forum message with the next steps.

I’d like to give this a try.

I’m new to the forum, but not to Scrivener or writing. I used to blog ( lazeysdailycup.blogspot.com/ ) but I’ve neglected it for a couple years… If you need other samples of my writing I’d be willing to submit it.

Sounds like fun! Count me in.

My blog is http://pegasusspeaks.com/.

Liz

Lazey, lizcarmel, WELCOME TO NiaD! Check your forum messages with a couple of admin questions I have to get everything ready for the big day.

Just checking - I think I’m in as I’m on your list, but I haven’t seen any request for a sample this year.

Do you not need one from me 'cos I did it last year?

Yup! You’re in! :slight_smile:

For anyone hesitating over whether to sign up… you’ve only got THIRTY MINUTES LEFT.

(although I won’t get chance to look at your samples etc until the morning to confirm participation, but if you’ve signed up by midnight UK time we can do all that tomorrow morning).

Right, that’s it. [size=200]Sign up is now closed[/size] for the fifth Novel-in-a-Day event.

Our final tally is 55 participants, which means that we’ll be producing THREE different versions of the novel, and 11 of you will find your work in two versions of the finished work.

I still need an email address and pen name from a couple of you, but it’s late so I’ll chase those up tomorrow.

I’ve just returned from Mars and was hiding under a rock, so just now found out about Novel in a Day. Was soooooo excited to sign up until I noted it is closed. If anyone cancels, are you taking names on wait-lists? Another year is an awfully long time to wait… :cry:

OT: Where can I find the Scrivener project files for previous NIADs? I looked, but can’t seem to fing the right place,

KM,

Go here and click on any of the books. There you will find, among other things, the Scrivener project file for that book.

-gr

Thanks. I’d clicked another link to the books and could access them, but not the scriv. files.