Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Ryker, mayaraz, Raymond, Welcome to the forum! I’ve sent you all a Direct Message with the details of the next steps to complete the sign up process.

Didn’t you lose to the Canadians? I’m pretty sure we just let you win one after that.

Heck no! The Canadians are nice. We’d never fight with them. Their behavior in public is as un-vic-k-like as you can be while still be human and unlike Nomstrailians they don’t piddle on the carpet. While they do still have a picture of grandma on their money, we unruly colonials are ok with with it as they have pretty money.

Now those Nomstrailians… that lot is nothing but trouble.

1812? I mentioned it in an interview in a newspaper and everything, so it must be true.

To quote wikipedia

While you forced the Canadians to fight, it was with those brightly colored walking targets already once defeated that the war was fought :slight_smile:

The poor Canadians were just caught in the middle.

[size=60]For the purists among you, take a deep breath[/size]

We’re now 5 people into version 2 of the book!

You sure are free with those moderator privileges… :stuck_out_tongue:

11 posts on the subject of “what does midnight really mean” was a bit too much of an off topic and clearly a separate thread. :smiley:

Over from Scrib as well. Looked through the faq and would love to take part.

Thanks!

Another Scribophilian here! I read the FAQ and I’d like to give this a go :slight_smile:

Mr. PigFender, you give the phrase glutton-for-punishment new meaning.

So, is there hope that it will be chick lit? Just wondering. :wink:

Heydy ho, Jaype. I’m persona in absentia for the moment otherwise known as, Ms. Johnston.

Wow! And, I’ve not even had an oppo to get out there and pimp for the cause of NIAD. Soon, very soon, but not too late.

Okay, the Montrée invasion is over. Niteo.

Also from Scrib, also would like to be a part of the madness.

I have several sample up on Scrib, Ayshta and Friday would be best to read, Psy-Hunter is rough through the last half and an early draft. I can post those excerpts somewhere here if you would like.

Jdsalt, CharlieNovak, StilaWebb, welcome to the forum! I’ve sent you all a Direct Message with details of the next steps. Note, I’m currently at a friend’s wedding, so won’t get round to reading / responding to anything you send over until Sunday.

It’s a seeeeeeecret! In any case, I think of chick lit as a writing style designed to appeal to a specific audience rather than a genre. As such, any chapter can be chick lit if you want! :smiley:

Great to see so many people from Scribophile over here this year!

Why are you so stubborn about that?

I would be honored to participate again this year. So sorry I missed last years event.