Writers and Cats... is it true?

:open_mouth:

Now that’s a lot of dog. And probably makes for a very handsome mix, too :slight_smile:

Alex
Ive just Googled Malamut and Belgian Sheperd. Jeeezz!!!! She must have been big enough to be your dancing partner`as well as soulmate.

Must have left a big hole in your life when you lost her. Glad you`ve found a new buddy,though.

Take care
Vic

She was absolutely gorgeous. The whole litter was made up of stunning looking dogs. She had the extremely loving nature and desire to be close characteristic of Malamutes, who are bred to be very connected to their human families, and that sharp, Shepherd intelligence. She was pretty special.

Yeah, Vic, when she stood on her hind legs, she was just about as big as me (at 5’5" and 112 lbs!). A little different from the 9 lb. little girl I have now, who fits much more nicely in my lap when I’m writing!

Alexandria

Like Matt I have a Bengal.

Oh, dear, are we posting pix? hold me back!

kucingbasking.jpg

Does anyone have a pet shark? So we can jump it? :wink:

joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyimages/999.gif

:slight_smile:

I have two. One’s a big fat lazy thing, and if he decides he wants to sit with me, I can’t write at all. The second is smaller and usually curls around my feet…though sometimes he will perch his bottom right on my Macbook. I think he likes the heat.

I love cats. Dogs, too. But I’ll never have another. They don’t live long enough and it’s too hard to say goodbye.

Kind regards.

Is there no limit to their librerty taking. Jeeezz!!!

I`ve just got up to put the kettle on, and…
Photo 14.jpg

Meet the New Guy:

Rescue, held as police evidence until I got him sprung, so his first nickname was… The Fugitive!

I’m afraid I’m gonna have to put the cat among the pigeons here. No pun intended… Okay okay, you got me. Of course it was.

I dispise cats, for the simple reason they are sadistic predators that kill an estimated, and massive, 250 million creatures a year, just in the UK. The huge downside to this, other than the bleedin’ obvious, is that very few of the creatures killed, are those ‘one’ may wish to be the cats victim. I love wildlife

I do, however, have a Leopard Gekko. Maybe I should call him OS X! :open_mouth:

Well, I don’t blame the cats as much as the cat owners. We have many free, wandering cats in our neighborhood, and some of them go after the birds I attract with my bird feeders and crap in my garden and the like. I think it pretty reprehensible that people let their cats out to make other people’s yards their litter boxes! But it’s not the cats’ fault–it’s the disrespectful owners who think it’s okay to let their cats wander anywhere they like. I mean the animals don’t know that my yard is off limits to cats! That I’m allergic to them, they can even be deadly if I don’t have an inhaler handy, and that I might object to having cat shit on my property.

But the cats are just being cats! I’m not crazy about them as pets, even without the allergies, but I hold nothing against them for being what they are! I guess the people are being what they are too–inconsiderate!

I do agree the owners hold a lot of the blame. How easy is it to put a bell around the cats neck to warn birds, and the like, cats are near? As for the pooping, I guess a well placed cork might do the trick.

Unfortunately, bells just make life more dangerous for the cat itself. It took all of a week for my hounds to realise the bell meant there was a juicy cat hiding nearby…

Bells wouldn’t help much with my cats. They can pop breakaway collars off in about ten minutes flat.

Doesn’t matter, though, as mine live indoors. The neighborhood birds are safe, but provide much entertainment. It keeps the cats safe, too: the lifespan of an outdoor cat is something like a third of an indoor cat’s. Even less than that around here, as coyotes wander through every so often.

I too blame irresponsible humans for problem cats. What’s the point of inviting another animal into your life if you’re going to ignore it?

Katherine

Yeah, it’s the equivalent of getting a dog then leaving it outside on a chain or in the yard all the time. Why bother??? And they usually end up barking constantly and bothering the neighbors (who can blame them?). So it’s not just irresponsible cat owners.

Just wanted to spread the blame around equally. :slight_smile:

I blame irresponsible cats for problem humans.

Kh.

Thats a bit hard on the poor old moggies. You cant blame them for the miscreants that they own. My cat tried her damnedest, to get me under control, before seeing the light and finally washing her hands (oops! paws), of me.

Take care

vic

PS, Alexandria! Hiya Chuckle Bunny, how y doin

One sun conure, she is a sweetheart, when she wants to

A cockatiel, he is twenty this year, and has a mild case of arthritis, and no schedule… as I type it is dark outside, but he is over here chriping away.

And our Nanday Conure, bright as can be, (yes he has done things that leave us stunned, like take team speak and use the mike).

So I guess no cats here, and I am alergic to cats anyhow.

:smiley: