Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Yeah, there’s a reason I ask for samples of peoples writing. This game is HARD! :smiley:

But take comfort…viewtopic.php?f=51&t=28574&start=30#p181957

Of course, you have a whole day to figure it out. It’s the people who’ve promised their wife they’d spend a good portion of the day with them that I feel sorry for… :wink:

You mean like at an American footbal game?

switching to deadline clock. guess that makes me into pain.

22 minutes past the “all clear” sign and still nothing in my inbox! Looks like I need a resend.

-gr

resent, gr. Let me know if it’s not there in 10mins and we’ll figure something else out.

Got it! Stoked!

-gr

Hmmm. Eerie quiet. No chapter of my own to write. Waterstones not open for another 6 hours.

Suppose I could work on the cover.

Given the nature of the work this year, is there an implied time period per chapter?

And do you have any idea how hard it is to get thoughts organized at a high school sporting event?

No there is no implied time period per chapter. I’m pretty sure your chapter brief actually says time periods though.

And, no, I have no idea.

Hmmm. No heckling from Matt yet.

It is vague over the total elapsed. I’ll go for something approaching human life span.

Let me say that it isn’t easy. Too many people believe that I’m hear to watch a game and not just humor a wife. Not a footbal fan so even in absence of NiaD I’d be … Inattentive.

Let’s just say that a pen and paper are causing looks of concern from a few corners.

So, the dairy had sold out of milk by the time I got there. But, eggnog is in the stores early this year. So, it’s nog in the coffee in the morning.

Tip for my fellow Americans: “Public School” in Britain means what we think of as “Private School”. (I saw mention of a character attending public school in one of my characters’ briefs.)

This was actually new info to me as of a couple of years ago, so I thought I’d share in case it matters to anyone’s chapter.

Maybe he is checking his facts. Nah… Aussies don’t need facts. Wait. That’s rednecks. Aren’t Aussies rednecks? I’m confused.

Piggy should provide a continental translator.

My favorite part was “use British English”. Like I have clue what British English is. I don’t even speak/write/think American goodly. He’s very demanding.

I said “if you can”. :unamused:

You didn’t leave much choice. I’m now questioning what each word means. How he heck does “public” == “private”? Let’s not talk about silliness around diaries and loos.

It’s just like regular English with a little more “ye olde colour”. Couloure? Culoreu? Cousteau?