Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Welcome back homeport, glad you’re back this year.

Then consider yourself in for a test. There are a few of us that torture english like we were born to be medieval dungeon masters…

Thank you Montree_Whiles panicked there when I thought I might have missed it, been in this from the start its such fun. :smiley:

Hi. I would love to get involved - This sound like a total hoot!

As requested, and seeing that I’m a newbie-numpty, I have posted a sample over to to you to see if you reckon i can mix it with real writers.

Cheers
Al

Me!! Pick me!!
Imma noob so you can check out my writing on my website if you’d like! I have some published works and some excerpts. Mostly erotica but I’ve written thrillers, fantasy, horror and plenty of others :slight_smile:

Www.chanelblake.com

Oh, please, tell me you have still have room. I just heard about this, but I love a challenge. :smiley:

My published works are here: amazon.com/author/katewhitaker

A moment of silence please. I believe there are writers in the room.

Now I’m sure I won’t get a wink of sleep before D day.

This sounds like a lot of fun and I’d love to join. I’ve PM’d you samples of my writing. Luckily, the timezone difference works out in my favour as I otherwise would not have been able to participate.

I’d love to join in! I hear newbies are supposed to give a sample of writing … uh … where do I send that?

Been standing by waiting for instructions as to where to send/link writing samples and/or find out whether I’m on the list. Were you going to email them, or will they turn up here or… ?

Hi there - apologies for the slight delay in replying.
I’ll send you (and the other recent signups) a PM with the details!

Rog

Okay, I think I’m up to date! You should either now be able to see your name on the register on the first page of this thread, or you’ll have a forum message from me explaining how to get on the list!

Great turn out this year! Plenty more spots though… Let’s get a second copy of the book out there!

[[size=90]TSHIRT POSTS NOW SPLIT INTO A WHOLE DIFFERENT THREAD][/size]

Wow! I’m a caret! What does this mean? Should I be worried, scared, or … ? Moving day at work and this will be all I can think about.

And, I might add here … The one thing I look forward to each year with NIAD is the primordial tussle with the submit button. Why in blazes is it on the right instead of on the left?

It means the weight of expectation is on your shoulders.

Because that’s the right side of course! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Mr X

Sounds like a fun challenge. Sign me up! ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

And I’ve always been a leftist.

Maybe “expectation” needs to visit the gym more often. :wink:

One final contribution to the day’s activities. I went out and bought a lovely outfit for the event. It’s a nice suit. Have a great night all.

Pigfender,

I’m in! What’ll it be. Five-Card Stud or Texas Hold’em? I’ve read the house rules. Waiting for you to deal.

( Looking forward to the event. Should be a hoot.)