PDF problems

KD
KDPerry
Platform: Windows

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:46 pm Post

New to Scrivener, and very much enjoying it so far, but...somewhat similar to a prior post, I have one of two problems when importing PDFs into the Research folder, it either:
1) seriously degrades the image or
2) it lops off half the PDF.

What is happening in the latter instance is that I have a PDF of a writing workshop handout and the right quarter of each page is missing, as if it were a partial snapshot of the screen. Anyone else having this difficulty?

I have tried Research > Add > Files and the alternate > Add > Web Page, to no avail.

Marta

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:25 pm Post

KDPerry wrote:New to Scrivener, and very much enjoying it so far, but...somewhat similar to a prior post, I have one of two problems when importing PDFs into the Research folder, it either:
1) seriously degrades the image or
2) it lops off half the PDF.

What is happening in the latter instance is that I have a PDF of a writing workshop handout and the right quarter of each page is missing, as if it were a partial snapshot of the screen. Anyone else having this difficulty?

I have tried Research > Add > Files and the alternate > Add > Web Page, to no avail.

sounds like you have a LANDSCAPE pdf
Scrivener doesn't show landscape properly-- whether pdf, xls, doc, etc.
I make it a project reference then, when I need to see it, right click it, tell it to open it in default editor
Attachments
project.jpg
project.jpg (28.44 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Marta
Scrivener 1.9.7.0
http://www.spookyfilms.com

KD
KDPerry

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:51 pm Post

Ah! That is unfortunate. Thanks for the tip. Here's hoping they fix that little bug someday.

da
dahurn

Tue May 06, 2014 4:06 pm Post

I came looking for an answer to this problem also. I have one pdf scan which is not opening fully across-ways, and yes, it is likely to be a 'landscape' scan. Looking forward to a fix for this also.