Scapple Beta - New Users Please Read

Do you mean when using Notes > New Connected Note > On Left/Right etc?

Thanks!

All the best,
Keith

Okay, I’ve added this for the next beta - you hold down the Option key.

No, there are no plans to support text alignment - the idea is that you place the text where you want it, instead.

All the best,
Keith

Okay, I’ve added this for the next beta.

All the best,
Keith

Hi,

Bug hunt: The spell check options are grayed out for me:

spellcheck.jpg

I didn’t see mention of this in KB’s notes, nor in any of the previous comments.
But it seems that Scapple won’t open my old Vellum notes. :frowning:

I have several dozen .vllm files, but they are grayed out in the Scapple Open dialog.
Is that the price of early adoption?
May I convert .vllm files to some other format?

I notice there’s an Export command (bravo) but no Import.

Someone else pointed this out and I fixed it earlier today. I’ll upload a new beta in the next couple of days, thanks.

Oops, sorry, I should have mentioned this. All that’s changed is the file extension, so all you need to do is change the “.vllm” extension in the Finder to “.scap”, and after that your old Vellum files should open fine in Scapple.

All the best,
Keith

Undocumented feature?

Double-click on a connecting line, and a new note will be create in the middle of it:

new-note-in-line.jpg

Keith, I’m sharing your emotions with that word. I don’t want to have a storm in my brain. That doesn’t sound very pleasing.
I’m going to check out Scapple though. If I have useful feedback I make sure to send it your way.

Cheers,
Andreas

Help > Scapple User Guide. :slight_smile: The guide is only half-finished, but this is in there under the section on notes.

Keith, I use that same big piece of paper. Sometimes I move sticky notes around on it. For software, I’ve tried Freeplane for mind mapping. Unfortunately, it makes everything into a tree from one root. Looking forward to playing with Scapple. Thanks.

I just want to say how much I love this software!

My only request would be the ability to have user defined styles or themes, like those available in textmate?

Thanks!

What do you mean? You can already set up note styles via the Format > Note Style menu. Is that not what you’re after?

All the best,
Keith

Exactly.

A://

I am confused about whether I can use the keyboard to move from note to note. Sometimes the arrow keys take me to a linked note in the expected direction. Sometimes they don’t, even if there is only one linked note to move to.

I think around $10 is really a very good price. From what I’ve seen in the beta, at $10 I’d buy it right now: where is the buy button? :slight_smile:

Now there’s my kind of mind manager. No constraints. Just paper and my mind. I love it already and will buy it surely. Great stuff :smiley:

Keyboard navigation only works between notes that are aligned or stacked; it cannot move through arbitrary notes as there is no inherent order to them.

All the best,
Keith

Hi,

this looks great! Is there any way to drop a link / add a link to a note? I store all my data in Devonthink and would love to cross-link as much as possible.

Hi again. today playing with the program i noticed that if i change some of the bubble text to bold, the bubble do not resize with the text, i don’t know if it is a bug but it looks strange that when you finish writing in a blank note the bubble resize to it but not when you change the font properties. it looks something like this

The note maintains its width - this is not a bug, but intended behaviour. You can resize the note manually by dragging the right or left edge.

All the best,
Keith