Multi-tasking

I thought I would give multi-tasking a go this year - NaNoWriMo and Movember. I suspect one may be easier than the other!

movember.com/uk/

Given that, we should post a picture of the master:

…given he also has a quote in the application interface. :slight_smile:

Damn you people who can grow full beards! I bloody well thought I’d be able to grow a big bushy beard before my hair started thinning at least, but no, here I am at 38 and still nothing more than a Weetabix chin. Dammit.

Wassamatta wi’ y’? Snorra moustache… Just some weirdo trying to swallow a guinea pig!! tch!tch!tch! wot y’ like?

Well, as of Wednesday 9th November the moustache growing is going really well. NaNoWriMo on the other hand…

Help! I’m desperate. Could any of you who are multi-tasking or whatever answer a few really basic questions, like once I’ve written notes in the inspector, how do I get them to show up on the corkboard?

Like when I press SAVE instead of SAVE AS , where do I look for the files from SAVE and the files from SAVE AS?

jeannecurran@habermas.org

Jeannie the Red Jay NaNoWriMo

For you I would suggest a paste-on moustache for this multi-tasking experiment. :confused: Not only are you starting late, but if your user name is any indication, there is a significant genetic disadvantage.

That all aside: You can open the inspector when you are using a corkboard, too. Just click the ‘i’ button up there as you normally would, and click on the index card to view its notes.

“Save” is largely pointless unless you’ve essentially disabled auto-save. By default Scrivener saves your work whenever you pause for two seconds. So nearly every time you click “Save”, it actually doesn’t even fire off any code because there is nothing new to save.

“Save As” is a feature you’ll only rarely need in most cases. That is for when you’re working on a something and decided to do some radical experimentation for a bit. You might want to totally rearrange the narrative, or change a protagonists name and see how that feels for a bit. So you’d use Save As to create a whole new project file and start working in it immediately.

I highly recommend you read the project management chapter in the user manual. It’s essential to know how a program saves your files and what it is doing with them.

There’s an irony there somewhere.

Where could it possibly be!