Novel-in-a-Day (NIAD)... Day

No one toe’s are stepped on, no fear! It’s just that if there are bugs we like to fix 'em. :slight_smile: I just tested copying and pasting text with italics on the Windows version and it seemed to work, so there must be something specific at play. But if you emailed it in, that’s great, thank you!

All the best,
Keith

Added your scene break problem in, Keith!

Victoria

Thanks Victoria, much appreciated!

i went back to where i posted the bugs and modded the list so that part stands out. if there’s a better place to post the bugs though, let me know. i did so under the entry for the recent beta version.

going back to bed for reallies now. those sheep are almost to the other end of the pasture now. gotta go catch them.

KB - will do.
VDG - thanks for the list.
M_W - will do.

Rog

just happened to check my schedule and i have to go in to work in about 26 min. sigh. another day of entertainment watching people and the idiocy they get up to.

i took the liberty of sending you the file again with the spacing set to 1 instead of 2. hope that helps. would have changed the font for you if i coulda figured out what it was.

I had the opposite problem as Keith: scene breaks where there should be none. My fault! I’ve sent another copy.

Thanks Ioa. Any chance you could just email me the changes to make rather than do a drop in?

No problem!

And…

???

You get the same result if you search for “Space Pirate” as well… :frowning:

There is a new version posted - please re-visit
www.pigfender.com/The_Dark.pdf
and download the updated copy.
Now let’s see what I can do about those eBook things…

Rog

DONELIST>>>

Chapter 1: Seems to have a lot of tabs in there (probably used in the orig draft as indents rather than using the indent slides. Tab indents format very awkwardly in ebooks. DONE
When you come to recompile for the other formats, could you remove my # marks, which are just standard mark up for a blank line and shouldn’t appear in the final version? Thanks. DONE

Chapter 3: First 2 paras (overlap) removed DONE

Chapter 4: Unintended breaks DONE

Chapter 5: Double spaces to separate sentences throughout. (Simple to fix with find&replace) DONE

Chapter 6: Double space in third line. DONE

Chapter 9: Pages 68 and 72 have bold text; this should be italics. DONE (Actually, just removed)

Chapter 12: Double space in the last line of page 94. Double space in the first line of page 96. DONE

Chapter 13: Tab indent in the second to last line of page 107. Tab indent in the seventh line of page 108. DONE

Chapter 14: Double spaces to separate sentences throughout. DONE
Change to M_W DONE

Chapter 15: Double space in the second line of page 124. DONE
Also, Keith adds; ‘the scene breaks need reinstating in Chapter 15. :slight_smile: There are a number of scenes in there which have been run together’. DONE

Chapter 16: Five dots instead of a period and one ellipsis in the seventh line from the end of page 145. Line break in the last sentence of the chapter. DONE

Chapter 19: Tab indent in the fourth line from the bottom on page 160. Double space in the first line of page 162. Double space in the eighth line of page 165. DONE

Chapter 20: My section is fine. I have a *** break in there too, just like Michael. Could you delete that? DONE

Chapter 21: First page and a half is in italics. THIS WAS INTENTIONAL, I BELIEVE
This should be regular text followed by a line break. *** to be replaced by line break on page 180. DONE

I think that’s a nice touch. Good that you got the opportunity.

The new file is not downloading for me at the moment. Something wrong?

I can check this one and the .mobi and .ePub for you tomorrow if you want.
Let me know,
V.

I cant download either odd

Very odd - It’s working on my machine (IE) and on my mobile (Safari).

Try again in a short while. Maybe it was an issue at the server’s end?

It’s working for me; by the way. Maybe try clearing browser cache since the URL is the same.

okay got it thank you

Cache isn’t it, here. Download at 7.9kb/sec; needs 3 hours. But I also can’t reach pigfender.com by itself. Think just a server problem. I’ll try again in the morning.

Night all!
V.

Thanks for all your hard work Pigfender…!

It’s going to be a bit longer on the eBook versions - I can’t get it to compile without collapsing all the empty lines.
Unless anyone has a suggestion…

ROLLERDIVA - pleasure. I hope you enjoyed it!