Bug in V3.1.1? Top Margin in PDF Changes Randomly

ko
kozmickid
Platform: Mac

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:24 pm Post

I just updated to V3.1.1. on my Macbook Pro, and recompiled my manuscript to PDF. Surprise! The page count went up. It appears that the top margin on the pages changes randomly, getting bigger than my setting (0.76") with no discernable pattern. Not good! I have a release coming in three weeks and copyedits to make and the cover is already designed for the previous page count. I either have to go back to the previous version, or get this bug fixed. HELP!

ko
kozmickid

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:42 pm Post

More info: I compiled the MS twice to two different files. The random changes to the top margin at least are consistent between the two files, with the same pages in both files having the wrong margins.
The margin increases by what appears to be 1 to 3 lines of text. It seems to happen on about 1/4 of the pages, but not in any consistent pattern. I've attached screen shots of the correct and the incorrect margins. This is the first page in the compiled document where this occurs.
Attachments
correct margin.png
correct margin.png (282.59 KiB) Viewed 105 times
bad margin.png
bad margin.png (275.05 KiB) Viewed 105 times

ko
kozmickid

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:04 pm Post

More information: When compiling to Word (.docx) the margins are consistent, although they don't match the margins in .PDF. Compiling to Word is not a viable workaround—many of my formats which work fine in PDF come out wrong in Word, and the page count is off by about 10 pages. I really need this bug in Scrivener fixed so I can compile to PDF.

KB
Site Admin

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:59 am Post

Could you please attach or send us a sample project showing the issue?

Edit; Never mind, you have done already in another thread.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."