Slow compile and interaction

sh
shaun
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:02 am Post

This new beta is noticeably slower than the previous ones. Compile takes longer, about 5-10 seconds for the dialog to even appear, then about 20 seconds to finish, compared to instantly appearing and taking just a few before. Loading documents is slower (I think you already know this), and moving around the interface will sometimes cause it to briefly lock up, especially in scrivenings mode.

wf
wfrankdavis
Platform: Windows

Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:25 pm Post

Ditto! Following are some examples where I am seeing a performance degradation in the Beta 3 version that I didn't experience in the previous version :

1. Renaming a file or folder in the Binder takes from 30 seconds to a minute to complete, with the app locked and unusable during that period.

2. Adding a new word to the dictionary takes about 20 to 30 seconds to save before the app is usable again.

3. Sending a file or folder to "Trash" takes a similar amount of time to that of renaming a file.

These delays have the effect of taking a writer out of their "zone" and cause frustration.

I am running a 64-bit Windows 10 Pro version on an i5 CPU,16GB of Ram with an SSD drive, so it is a very fast machine. Please let me know if you need further details.

Thanks!
Franklin Davis