Scrivener suddenly has lost its registration

gr
greg_frost
Platform: Mac

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:15 pm Post

My copy of Scrivener (last update was 2.8.1.2) which I've been using just fine since 2007 abruptly will not load, informing me that "My Trial Period" has run out. When I attempt to enter my serial number, it rejects it. WTF?

-gf

Br
BrotherPhil
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 pm Post

I have a similar issue - I'v got 2.8.1.2, running on 10.7.5 (thouhj I hopr to update). I bought a standard license - does this only cover version 3?

rdale
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:20 pm Post

BrotherPhil wrote:I have a similar issue - I'v got 2.8.1.2, running on 10.7.5 (thouhj I hopr to update). I bought a standard license - does this only cover version 3?

If you bought it recently, then you should update to version 2.9, which I believe is only different in that it accepts the license codes they're selling now, and works with v3 as well.

If you bought the license a long time ago (more than a year... maybe?) then it might be that the license server is having issues? Definitely contact support: https://literatureandlatte.com/contact-us
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

kewms
Platform: Mac

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:38 pm Post

If an existing and previously working license has abruptly failed, make sure that you have internet access. Scrivener periodically checks to make sure licenses are still valid, and if that check fails repeatedly it will eventually give an error message. If that doesn't help, contact support.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team