Scrivener 3 Windows Release

St
StarDog2
Platform: Windows

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:30 pm Post

As far as I'm concerned, the developers should take their time and do it right. There's an old saying in the software business, "If you don't have time to do it right, you probably won't have time to do it over either." Small businesses don't get the luxury of saying, "OOPS! Never mind!", the way big companies do. A major stumble can be fatal to a small business.

No, V1.9 isn't as pretty as V3, but it is functional and still better than most of the Windows competition. Though there are a few that are VERY good! If you simply can't use V1.9, then maybe you should consider changing to one of them.

west4east
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:25 am Post

StarDog2 wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the developers should take their time and do it right. There's an old saying in the software business, "If you don't have time to do it right, you probably won't have time to do it over either." Small businesses don't get the luxury of saying, "OOPS! Never mind!", the way big companies do. A major stumble can be fatal to a small business.

No, V1.9 isn't as pretty as V3, but it is functional and still better than most of the Windows competition. Though there are a few that are VERY good! If you simply can't use V1.9, then maybe you should consider changing to one of them.

Totally agree!
Cordially,
Abel Kay
http://wps.abelakay.com

si
simeva
Platform: Windows

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:09 am Post

xenonexia wrote:I'm just wondering, however, if anyone might tell me about the experience of using the 2.9 beta that ends mid December. Does it function well enough to actually transfer work and use it on a daily basis as a main editor?
Be cautious. There are still some show-stopping bugs in there. In my case, this bug, which corrupts script formats, means I can't even read my existing work. Like you, I've been hoping to get started with the beta, but this is not listed as fixed yet in the latest release (that expires in Feb).