Scrivener 3.0.3 crashes every time I sync

Li
Little Angel
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:37 am Post

I'm using the mobile version quite a lot right now - in combination with MyScript Nebo and the Apple Pencil.

Whenever I switch back to the Mac version, as expected, it detects the change and asks to sync.

As expected, Scrivener Mac crashes.

Every time.

Is there something I can do so stop this?

I'm happy to give you any data you need.

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:48 am Post

Little Angel wrote:Whenever I switch back to the Mac version, as expected, it detects the change and asks to sync.

You have the project open on the Mac while editing on your iDevice, right?
Close the project on the Mac before using your iDevice.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

Ma
MamaLIB

Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:17 pm Post

Good post! I was wondering about this and how smooth the new upgrade worked, or do I stay where I am with the previous version?

I just got my work synced on my Mac Mini and iPad Pro 12.9. I haven’t upgraded on my Mac Mini just yet to the newest version. Will I have to upgrade the iOS version as well or will the iOS apprecognize the newer version?

lunk

Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:31 pm Post

You can safely upgrade, but to avoid possible trouble, close the project when you stop writing, on all devices.
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

Li
Little Angel
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:33 am Post

I'll give it a shot and make sure all applications are closed.

This is harder on iOS, as the OS tries to keep it open, but I'll force the application to quit.

lunk

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:16 am Post

It’s not at all difficult on iOS to close the project. Simply back out to the projects screen, and sync.

kewms
Platform: Mac

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:16 pm Post

MamaLIB wrote:Good post! I was wondering about this and how smooth the new upgrade worked, or do I stay where I am with the previous version?

I just got my work synced on my Mac Mini and iPad Pro 12.9. I haven’t upgraded on my Mac Mini just yet to the newest version. Will I have to upgrade the iOS version as well or will the iOS apprecognize the newer version?

You do not need to upgrade iOS Scrivener -- although you should, if you don't already have the latest. The interface between iOS Scrivener and Mac Scrivener has not changed.

If you have any version of Mac Scrivener 3 other than 3.0.3, you should upgrade as it is a waste of everyone's time to try to troubleshoot a crash that may have already been fixed.

If upgrading doesn't help, what does the crash report say?

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

gr

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:03 pm Post

(Katherine: I don't think MamaLib is having a crash problem. That's Little Angel. I think MamaLib is just here wondering about the stability of Scriv 3. --gr)
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat

"Perhaps the true book is the one on the far side of the prism."