[LH543|LH2773] Change in page width? Font size?

si
simeva
Platform: Windows

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 pm Post

In 1.9, my text looks like this:
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (32.37 KiB) Viewed 1301 times

..and in the beta like this:
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (31.85 KiB) Viewed 1301 times

The first screenshot is correct - ie the text width is actually 8 inches when printed. So what is happening here?

si
simeva

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 am Post

Just to clarify this..
The first screenshot above shows the file in Scriv 1.9.
I load the same project into Scriv 3, and it looks like this:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38.3 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
I then change the page zoom from 100% to 75% as recommended by tiho here, to restore the original look of the document on screen, and the outcome is the second screenshot above. Now the font appears to be the same size on screen, but it has been changed relative to the page width.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:12 pm Post

I think this is mainly an issue with the ruler not scaling properly with the editor zoom. There is also bug whereby using the Print Current Document function seems to be enlarging the text size, so that may be affecting what you're seeing if you're checking the results with that; you'll get a better result printing the current document from Compile. Both of these bugs are filed.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

br
brianhenrygray
Platform: Mac

Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:34 pm Post

MM, this bug is several months old and, to be honest, is killing my OCD. LOL. Is there a fix for it yet? I am running the latest beta.

br
brianhenrygray
Platform: Mac

Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:09 pm Post

Just bumping this up because of this bug. Does anyone have a response? Is it being addressed? I can literally only get an average of 9 words on a line. Doesn't matter what view I am in. And adjusting the text width to anything over 650 px does nothing at all.

rw
rwfranz

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:18 am Post

simeva wrote:In 1.9, my text looks like this:
Capture1.JPG
..and in the beta like this:
Capture2.JPG
The first screenshot is correct - ie the text width is actually 8 inches when printed. So what is happening here?

1. What's your zoom level? (View -> Zoom)
Altering the zoom level can change (at particular zoom levels) how much goes in that line. Yes, that's a bug, and I haven't reported it yet, but I'm about to. Zoom shouldn't change line content, but it does.

2. The default font size appears to have changed. It appears you're using Courier font of some sort (monospaced), and I count about ~8 characters per inch in the first one, which is 9-point type. But I count ~6 characters per inch in the second one, which is 12-point type.

Options -> Editing -> Formatting -> click Aa button, see what font size is your default.

I hope that helps -- it may still be a bug of some sort, but it does look as though the font sizes are different.

si
simeva

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am Post

tbh I had so much trouble with this beta that I uninstalled it. :cry:

But in answer to your questions...
1)
simeva wrote:Just to clarify this..
The first screenshot above shows the file in Scriv 1.9.
I load the same project into Scriv 3, and it looks like this:
Capture.JPG I then change the page zoom from 100% to 75% as recommended by tiho here, to restore the original look of the document on screen, and the outcome is the second screenshot above. Now the font appears to be the same size on screen, but it has been changed relative to the page width.

2) Maybe. There's another beta due out at the end of the month and I might give it another go then. I'll report back if I do.