Linux 1.9.01 Beta Released

Al
Alexo
Platform: Linux

Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:39 pm Post

hwm wrote:@Alexo:
Well, your contribution is a day on the board, so the admins should have seen it and had the chance to react...
Maybe your deb-file is a fine solution for Linux, for shure it looks interessing. But - it must be possible to try out. I cant't download it "normal" from 4share and I won't give them my eMail-adress, direct or indirect. Is it possible for you to give another location for download?
HWM

I will try to find a better hosting option and get back here.
Any suggestion?

[EDIT]
Ok! I uploaded the file to GDrive, with a direct download link now. It might turn things easy. :-)
scrivener_1.9.0.1-d-lexis_amd64.deb

hw
hwm
Platform: Windows

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:44 am Post

@Alexo
Thank you very much for enabling the download. The deb installed fine and some work could be done (with no data lost), but it crashed after a short time.

Xubuntu 18.10:
The interresting lines in the errormessage are
- /opt/scrivener/bin/Scrivener:6:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-2.28.so+535:/.../libScrCompiler.so.1.0.0+e6e36
- UnreportableReason
and then - translated:
- This is no official Ubuntu packet. Please remove it.

But, keep up the good work :-) . No, just kidding - it looks fine and to put it in /opt is just right.

HWM

Al
Alexo

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:47 pm Post

hwm wrote:(...) but it crashed after a short time.

Xubuntu 18.10:
The interresting lines in the errormessage are
- /opt/scrivener/bin/Scrivener:6:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-2.28.so+535:/.../libScrCompiler.so.1.0.0+e6e36

Had it really crashing? I use it on Debian 9 (backported) and at an old Mint installation (at least 1 year without updates I guess) with no problems. Did not tested in Ubuntu directly. I tested extensively before post here, but maybe a test in a VM would be cool to prevent crashes in another distros.

@hwm, may you open it via terminal and send me the output in pvt?

hw
hwm
Platform: Windows

Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:07 pm Post

@Alexo:
Sorry, I deinstalled and deleted the .deb-file directly after the event. Please, no extended beta-testing for me...
HWM

sn
sninkychan
Platform: Linux + Windows

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 pm Post

@Alexo: I'll try this on my Ubuntu 18.10 machine soon and report back! Thanks for your efforts.

Al
Alexo

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:06 am Post

@sninkychan, thank you.
It must work into any updated distro (Debian 9 based and newer ones), but the installation would be problematic in old distros (Debian 8 and before) due to dependencies includes, so please be careful.

For any distro based on Debian 8 and before, I think the LL's package is ok.

So, as I intend to continue using it, later on I will fix it to match Debian packaging rules more closely.