Scrivener 1.9 for Windows is now available. 1.9 updates Scrivener to a new file format, compatible with Scrivener 2.7 for Mac. It is a free update for all registered users of Scrivener for Windows, and we recommend that you update from whatever version of Scrivener you are using. Updates and fixes include:
- Minor updates to the UI, including moving the inspector buttons to the top of the inspector.
- Added View > Inspect submenu for menu and keyboard access to the inspector panes.
- File format updated for compatibility with future mobile versions. (Please note that you will not be able to open 1.9 projects in earlier versions of Scrivener. Scrivener 1.9 for Windows is compatible with Scrivener 2.7 for Mac.)
- Scrivener's "project.scrivx" file now uses the project folder name rather than the generic "project".
- Tabs and carriage returns can be used in compile replacements.
- Refinements to inspector comments and footnotes, including the ability to expand and collapse multiple notes.
- Fixed a bug causing the document templates folder assignment to switch to other items in the binder.
- Projects containing multiple .scrivx project files (as from a synchronisation glitch) no longer fail to open.
- The tutorial project has been updated and now includes a new “Quick Start” collection.
You can find a full list of changes here:
Updating to 1.9
To download Scrivener 1.9, either:
- Select "Check for Updates" from the "Help" menu within Scrivener itself and follow the on-screen instructions;
- Go to http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php?platform=win and click on "Download for Windows" to download and re-install Scrivener.
If you have already seen the update notification and followed the on-screen instructions to update, you don't need to do anything else.
Thanks, and happy writing!
Lee, Tiho, & Jennifer