This contains compatibility fixes for macOS 13, Ventura. This update is recommended for all users intending to upgrade their operating system.
macOS 13 “Ventura” Compatibility
- Override SVG drag and drop in macOS 13 to use previous behaviour of substituting a file link for the image. SVG support in macOS seems to be in an early and buggy state, so we will revisit adding native support for SVG images on the board at a future date.
- Testing has been done against the updated text editing frameworks introduced in macOS 13.
- Fixed an issue where the selection colour for notes was always black, regardless of system setting.
- Support for handling unrecognised image types has been added. In such cases, a placeholder will be substituted for the image, using the same size and position, preserving the original image data in the file. This will mainly be of impact to cross-platform users who would like to take advantage of scalable SVG graphics on Windows.
- An additional shortcut has been added for Quick Zoom (=), mainly for keyboards that lack a physical (Z) key.
- Option-Scroll for zooming in and out on the canvas will follow system preferences for scrolling.
- RTF and RTFD export no longer includes superfluous empty lines around optional separators.
Unrecognised image types will no longer be lost when editing boards that contain them.
Fixed bug whereby notes consisting of a single emoji character would cause a crash.
Fixed an issue where, for darker background boards, dynamically displaying foreground elements in white would cause the note text to be set to white. This would mean that printing or switching to a light background would cause the notes be unreadable or invisible.
Note: this fix only impacts new notes; notes created on dark boards in the previous version will need to have their text colour cleared by hand.
Fixed image filename bug which would cause RTFD export to either crash or produce RTFD files without visible images.
Improved connection label recognition, which was previously ignoring some labels coming from boards created on Windows.
Replace All no longer replaces the entire note text when multiple notes were changed by it.
Finder QuickLook plugin fixed, which will also fixes cases of Scapple files not showing their preview when imported into a Scrivener project binder, or in the Bookmark preview pane when linked to files.
Note: you may need to restart your system after installing the update if you do not see previews immediately.
Update the Internet Policy JSON file, used by Little Snitch, to include a description of the AWS connection, when downloading an update to the software.
Fixed a problem with Print and PDF export where determining black or white foreground elements was based on the board background colour rather than the print rendering.
Fixed problem where splitting a connection with a new note would delete the label on the connection.
Fixed issue on M1 machines whereby the text alignment buttons for new notes in preferences, and in some cases in the inspector, would trigger the wrong state when clicked.