The version number will be printed as "1.40.1" in the Mac App Store version.
This is an extensive overhaul of the underlying code, modernising and converting most of the codebase to Swift. As a result of adopting this new programming language from Apple, the minimum supported operating system is now macOS 10.15.0 “Catalina”.
If you have attempted to update from an older system, and find yourself with a copy that no longer runs, please visit our legacy download page to fetch an older copy of the software.
Refinements and Changes
- When pasting or duplicating notes (with
Opt-Drag), the newly created notes are now selected, matching the behaviour used with Paste (
- Quick Zoom behaviour has been tweaked so that individual notes can be selected with simple clicks, while the
Zkey is held down, rather than only allowing marquee selection.
- It is now possible to pan the board by clicking and dragging with the middle mouse button.
- A keyboard shortcut has been added to the Notes ▸ New Background Shape (Around Selection) menu command:
- Control-click, to bring up the contextual menu in the inspector’s style list, has been fixed.
- Bold and italic shortcuts and menu commands have been fixed to work in macOS 12+.
- Printing legacy boards, those created in versions of Scapple prior to 1.3, now wrap text within notes properly.
- Styles no longer display the font size in the inspector sidebar unless the font size is part of the style.
- Dragging notes outside of the currently viewable area, such that the board would expand in its size, would not increase the scroll view size, making it impossible to pan to the notes.
- Magnetic shapes could not be dragged to the inspector styles pane, to update or create a style from them, if other shapes or notes were dragged along with them.
- At some zoom levels, editing notes would cause the view to snap to the top of the board making it difficult to edit larger boards.
- On some systems the selection halo colour would revert to the system default (blue) regardless of the user’s preferred system accent colour.
- When Default text in the New Notes preference tab was cleared, dragging new notes out of the Note Styles inspector pane would create them at minimum width instead of the established default note width.
- Fixes have been made to better protect the board from edits, when File ▸ Prevent Editing is enabled.