Feedback for https://www.tablesgenerator.com LaTeX tables generator?

I’m looking for any feedback anyone might have on the online LaTeX tables generator web site, tablesgenerator.com.

I’ve generated two tables online using the tablesgenerator.com web site; one table I created from scratch, for a second table I uploaded and converted an Excel spreadsheet. Both tables worked well in LaTeX.

The online LaTeX tables generator has a few limitations that can limit it’s usefulness, but as with many LaTeX items, there is often a workaround.

The online table generator has been very helpful, but I am concerned about the assessment given by DuckDuckGo of “D” due to the sites “Unknown Privacy Practices”.

The site has proven it’s worthiness and reliability, but there is little I can find on who operates the site beyond a “whois” search that places the website in Panama.

I have other tables I’d like to develop on the table generator website, but I’d feel more comfortable if I knew a bit more about who is running the site and what is happening to the data and tables I develop on the site.

Any additional information anyone might have on the tablesgenerator.com website would be welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Scrive :question:

A quick note to clarify my original posting.

The two tables I generated on the LaTeX table generator web site tablesgenerator.com worked well when pasted into my Scrivener project, including the caption and label fields that are included as part of the table generated.

For those interested, I used the $\newline$ command in the caption field to create a multiline caption.

As previously mentioned, I’d feel more comfortable if I knew a bit more about who is running the site and what is happening to the data and tables developed there.

Thanks,
Scrive :slight_smile:

Have you tried LyX? From a glance, its table editor seems to be slightly more comprehensive, and with the code pane open you can easily copy and paste the result out. Plus it is open source and offline, so no pesky issues with using it to create tables with proprietary data or whatever.

Hi AmberV,

Thanks for the tip … sounds promising … I’ll have a look. :smiley:

Scrive