Says it's Syncing but it's not

Ipad to Dropbox - files say they are syncing and they did the first time but now no matter how many changes I make and how many times I sync it won’t update the file in Dropbox.

I have disconnected dropbox and reconnected.
I have followed every step in the detailed instructions.

Perplexed because it worked once. Nothing has changed between then and now except the text on the file! Nothing. No error messages.

Is the projevt you are trying to sync placed in the On My iPad area or On Dropbox, when you look at thr project screen.

How do you know the project hasn’t uploaded changes to the Dropbox server?

It’s in the proper area, in the dropbox part. It even shows that is syncing. You can see it happen on the ipad. It’s not because the file isn’t updated when I open it on my computer. Even the date on the file hasn’t changed since the one time it worked.

Is the Dropbox software running on the computer?

Syncing is actually a two-step process. First the software uploads changes to the Dropbox server, then it downloads from the server to the computer. It would be helpful to know which step is failing.

Also, the date on the .scriv project is not a reliable indicator. Due to the structure of the project, not all changes will change this date. To confirm whether the project is or is not synchronizing, you need to actually open it and look.

Katherine

Katherine, I believe you figured it out. Dropbox was not “running” on my desktop. I assumed it was because I have it in my file explorer and I’m in and out of there all the time. Now I’m getting conflicts but i can fix that - so I think it worked. Hopefully, after I resolve the conflict and then sync a clean file it’ll work with this fix.

Thank you so much it was driving me nuts and I’m sure you get a lot of the same questions over and over.

Syncing problem is fixed but now my work on Windows scrivener has black bars where the text should be that I brought over from the sync. It’s not even the same file. I copied and pasted. I’ve never seen anything like this before.

Just whole page of my text blanked out with black bars.