Compile > Manuscript > Section Type (won't change)

mr
mrobbins
Platform: Windows

Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:19 pm Post

Hello,

I previously changed all the section types to "Headed Section" but my publisher told me to make heading format specific to level so, now, I want to change it back to "Structure-Based." Every time I try to change an entry to Structure-Based it doesn't set and immediately reverts to "Headed Section."

How can I change these individually or preferably all at once?

Thank You,

xyx.png
xyx.png (777.37 KiB) Viewed 105 times

mr
mrobbins
Platform: Windows

Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:58 pm Post

I think I'm almost there. I needed to change the Section Types in Project Settings because all of the folders were set to "Structure-Based" Section Types.

But, the "All folders" and "All file groups" assignments are overriding all of my hierarchy settings. How do I get the Default Types by Structure assignments to ignore those two items?

Thank You

aaa.png
aaa.png (799.61 KiB) Viewed 73 times

Amickie
Platform: Mac

Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:32 pm Post

mrobbins wrote:But, the "All folders" and "All file groups" assignments are overriding all of my hierarchy settings. How do I get the Default Types by Structure assignments to ignore those two items?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "overriding". Looking at the screenshot of your contents pane and your current project settings, your compile section types should be looking like this (if, of course, you haven't selected section types manually in compile):

- Introduction (folder) -> N/A
- Motivation (file group) -> N/A
- Nihilism vs Unrealistic Optimism (level 3) -> Sub-Heading
- Book Structure (level 1) -> Chapter
- Target Audience (level 1) -> Chapter

etc...

What about the folders and file group assignments are you wanting to change?
Alex
Literature & Latte Support Team