How do I start beta testing Scrivener 3 for Windows?

Av
Avarice
Platform: Windows

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:36 pm Post

Hello,

How do I start beta testing Scrivener 3 for Windows? Also, I noticed that the blog still says that the release date for Scrivener 3 for Windows is August 31, 2019 and it's almost August 31, 2020. Do we have a new actual release date where the deadline will actually be met?

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:26 am Post

You go to the pinned thread in this forum, find the download links, download it, install it, and start using it.

I recommend doing the Tutorial and skimming the manual, then opening a new project to play with, before you open one of your live projects.

L&L will no longer be providing release dates, estimated release dates, or any sort of timelines thanks to excessive backlash from frustrated consumers who can't read qualifiers.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Life has a way of moving you past wants and hopes

garpu
Platform: Linux

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:56 pm Post

And if it hasn't been mentioned enough, keep backups of your old projects in the old Scrivener format, just in case Scrivener 3 doesn't work for you. It should, since it's a release candidate, but there are still bugs. You can't go back to the old format once you upgrade in a purely windows environment. (You can, if you have Scrivener 3 for mac, but I haven't personally tried to downgrade a project.)
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE