[LH3614] Table of Contents fail

dr
drmajorbob
Platform: Mac

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:50 pm Post

When I copy special as table of contents and paste in Front Matter, page numbers don't appear in a Compile to PDF.

Editor ToC.png
Editor ToC.png (122.42 KiB) Viewed 527 times

PDF ToC.png
PDF ToC.png (186.55 KiB) Viewed 527 times

dr
drmajorbob

Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:20 pm Post

This bug is still unacknowledged.

It's a bug in Scrivener 1 as well.

tiho_d
Platform: Linux + Windows

Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:29 am Post

Thanks, this bug has been acknowledged.

Ma
Martin14
Platform: Windows

Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:53 pm Post

drmajorbob wrote:When I copy special as table of contents and paste in Front Matter, page numbers don't appear in a Compile to PDF.

Editor ToC.png

PDF ToC.png

in addition, the links in the TOC do not work in pdf's - an error message is displayed because the links access external files instead of jumping internally to the corresponding page.

dr
drmajorbob

Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:10 pm Post

Martin14 wrote:
drmajorbob wrote:When I copy special as table of contents and paste in Front Matter, page numbers don't appear in a Compile to PDF.

in addition, the links in the TOC do not work in pdf's - an error message is displayed because the links access external files instead of jumping internally to the corresponding page.

Good catch, likely part of the same glitch.

Ju
JustAnotherLocal
Platform: Windows

Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:05 pm Post

Hi, this is my first time posting. I've been having issues with Front Matter. Is it normal for the Front Matter to appear in the Table of Contents? It looks strange to me, like it shouldn't be there. I have no idea how to remove it from Table of Contents. I'm trying to compile a kindle version of my book.

dr
drmajorbob

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:56 pm Post

JustAnotherLocal wrote:Hi, this is my first time posting. I've been having issues with Front Matter. Is it normal for the Front Matter to appear in the Table of Contents? It looks strange to me, like it shouldn't be there. I have no idea how to remove it from Table of Contents. I'm trying to compile a kindle version of my book.

It should be there in my opinion, but it's your book. Do it your way.

If you mean the automatic table of contents generated for any eBook, every section break causes a Table of Contents entry. If you don't want it in the ToC, don't give it a section break.

If you mean a manually-built ToC for print, YOU have to build it, so there's no problem leaving it out.

By the way, be aware section break = page break. If you give it a page break for print, that's a section break for eBooks and vice versa.