[TD][B33] Encoding bug in compiling PDF

Ha
HawkHill
Platform: Windows

Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:16 pm Post

I'm getting an encoding bug when compiling with "Short Story (Courier)" formatting into PDF on Beta 33. I have tried opening the file in Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Acrobat Reader to the same effect.

Original text: "Quick Test of Formatting"

PDF Output: "U|ngp$Xiz{$uj$Juxre{{nsl"

PDF file attached
Attachments
Test.pdf
(11.42 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

tiho_d
Platform: Linux + Windows

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:08 pm Post

Try using a different font. You should also upload the project so we can trace this further.

Ha
HawkHill

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:34 pm Post

As an update: Courier New works fine, Courier and Courier Prime as well as whatever is the default produce the previous results. zip file of the project is attached
Attachments
Test.scriv.zip
(106.05 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

tiho_d
Platform: Linux + Windows

Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:28 pm Post

This was very helpful indeed. In the latest version of Scrivener we released a new Courier Prime font which handles Cyrillic characters. It could have caused the wrong PDF output. Can you please close Scrivener and navigate within the Scrivener installation "fonts" subfolder and delete(move to a different folder in case you want to restore them) the files:

courier-prime.ttf
courier-prime-bold.ttf
courier-prime-bold-italic.ttf
courier-prime-italic.ttf

Start Scrivener and try to compile the same example again using Courier Prime as a font.

Ha
HawkHill

Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:43 pm Post

Unfortunately, this did not work for me, and the issue persists in Beta 34. However, I have tried this on a Linux machine (under wine) and the issue did not occur, so I'm going to conclude that it is most likely an issue with my machine's settings in some way.