Revision Mode (?)

User avatar
lunk
Posts: 4253
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 pm
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Sweden 64° N

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:19 pm Post

michaelp23 wrote:The name implies it is made for revising a draft. It does not say that all it does is change a color of the text. Ideally removed/changed text would be stricken through.

No, the name doesn’t imply that at all. The name implies that it is for revising scripts. It’s a standard in script writing and made for exactly that

You can check it out for yourself. Pick any standard script writing tool - Final Draft, Highland 2, etc. The quote below is from the Celtx Help Center:

"Revision mode is a tool you use once your script is in production (or darn close).

- - - -

Your edits will appear in industry-standard colour on the screen."
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

mi
michaelp23
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:30 pm
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:08 pm Post

lunk wrote:
michaelp23 wrote:The name implies it is made for revising a draft. It does not say that all it does is change a color of the text. Ideally removed/changed text would be stricken through.

No, the name doesn’t imply that at all. The name implies that it is for revising scripts. It’s a standard in script writing and made for exactly that

You can check it out for yourself. Pick any standard script writing tool - Final Draft, Highland 2, etc. The quote below is from the Celtx Help Center:

"Revision mode is a tool you use once your script is in production (or darn close).

- - - -

Your edits will appear in industry-standard colour on the screen."


Quoting some Celtx software does not excuse the poor quality of Scrivener - simple as that! I have laid out my points clearly, you are unable to accept the issue as valid. Scrivener is quite badly made program with a myriad of issues.

User avatar
lunk
Posts: 4253
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 pm
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Sweden 64° N

Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:01 pm Post

michaelp23 wrote:[Scrivener is quite badly made program with a myriad of issues.

There’s a simple solution. Don’t use it.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

Jo
Jolanth Szatmary
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:58 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Berlin, Germany

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:46 pm Post

michaelp23 on the 2nd of July, last year:

I will refrain from posting further and will search for a suitable alternative to Scrivener. Unacceptable quality.


Yes, please.

mi
michaelp23
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:30 pm
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:35 pm Post

Jolanth Szatmary wrote:michaelp23 on the 2nd of July, last year:

I will refrain from posting further and will search for a suitable alternative to Scrivener. Unacceptable quality.


Yes, please.


Kindly f-off.

There is no alternative to Scrivener, sadly they are all abandoned or even worse (which is an achievement in its own right) than Scrivener so I am stuck with this poorly made piece of rubbish.

User avatar
AmberV
Posts: 24332
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:30 am
Platform: Mac + Linux
Location: Ourense, Galiza
Contact:

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:39 pm Post

I feel a distinct lack of politeness in this thread. Please mind the one forum rule of being polite.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles