Section Titles

Ha
HawaiiMike
Platform: Windows

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:03 pm Post

I was working on compile. Its the first time I've done this so maybe I'm just missing something. My structure is pretty simple. I use folders which I call "Chaper 1" and text files for each section. I put section titles for each of those text file titles. Something like "Uncertain Dreams".

When I do the compile in the there is a only one Chapter One choice for header which has a page break before. When I do the section assignments there is only one choice for "Section title .... Then text." Although this gives me my chapter title and section title when I export. I could live with this but is there a way to manually setup sections? I'm currently on Windows on the beta so maybe this area will be improved as we move closer to release.

I can live with how it is now, just seems like there are too many page breaks.

Thanks!

th
thePhilosoraptor
Platform: Windows

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:59 pm Post

Hi HawaiiMike,

You can indeed manually set up Section Layouts. To the left of the Section Layout pane is a list of all the pre-made Compile Formats. If you double-click on one of them you can make a copy of it that can be edited. Once in the editing window you can add change or delete as many section layouts as you'd like!
Bryan Bender