Can't change file extension when compiling to plain text

ck
cktai
Platform: Windows

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:05 am Post

I want to compile my entire draft to a plain text file with the extension .tex, but I cannot seem to find the option to do that. Am I overlooking something?

The only option there seems to be is the mmd>latex option but that completely messes up my Latex code.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:29 pm Post

At the moment that isn't possible, the .txt extension is hard-coded. There should be a way of doing this in the future though: if you edit a plain-text compile format, you'll find an extension field up in the top-right corner. Once that is hooked up, it should start working, so you might as well fill it out.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:42 pm Post

Stupid question, but it is possible to hook up a wrapper script that takes the .txt file and renames it to the desired ending?
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Winner "Best in Class", 2018 My First Supervillain Photo Shoot

ck
cktai
Platform: Windows

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:43 pm Post

AmberV wrote:At the moment that isn't possible, the .txt extension is hard-coded. There should be a way of doing this in the future though: if you edit a plain-text compile format, you'll find an extension field up in the top-right corner. Once that is hooked up, it should start working, so you might as well fill it out.

Ah thank you for this answer! I had indeed noticed that field, but when I entered the .tex extension, nothing changed. Good to know this will be a future feature.

tiho_d
Platform: Linux + Windows

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 pm Post

This has been implemented and will be available in the next update.