Will iOS Scriv Work in iPad OS?

Sparrowhawk
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:32 pm Post

I apologize if this has been asked before, though I did look and could not find it.

Basically, exactly what the topic says. Is iPadOS a truly new OS that will need its own version of apps to run them (and therefore I will avoid upgrading) or is iPadOS really just a new UI for iOS on iPad and all apps currently working on it (including Scrivener) will continue to do so?

Thanks!
You will find more evidence of the ridiculousness of humanity in the bathroom mirror than any other place in the world.

Br
Brammy
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 pm Post

It is just a branding name, and a way for Apple to indicate that updates will happen more frequently. I am running the beta and so far haven't run into any issues with Scrivener.

Sparrowhawk

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:53 pm Post

Brammy wrote: I am running the beta and so far haven't run into any issues with Scrivener.

Perfect! Thanks!
You will find more evidence of the ridiculousness of humanity in the bathroom mirror than any other place in the world.

ap
apoc527

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:11 pm Post

Brammy wrote:It is just a branding name, and a way for Apple to indicate that updates will happen more frequently. I am running the beta and so far haven't run into any issues with Scrivener.

Whereas I get a crash as soon as Dropbox tries to sync, rendering Scrivener unusable on the current beta. Any idea how yours is working, Brammy?

ch
chaarrliie
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:40 pm Post

Sorry, I don't have any more input, but I'd like to hear updates about this.
I was looking forward to the public beta to finally be able to use 2 windows of Scrivener on iPad, but I'm too afraid to loose the ability to work on my iPad, which has become my primary work station, to take the leap of faith...

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:49 pm Post

Well, it's not quite Apple's "official" thing, but Scrivener has been doing multiple panes of content for years. Run a search for "Quick Reference" in your tutorial to read up on it.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles