Scapple for iOS

Just got a 1st gen iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, Apple matching keyboard - all secondhand - as my ideal mobile writing set up. It’s great but it is SCREAMING for Scapple for iOS.

Come on guys! Take a look at what Morpholio have done with their app. Scapple would be AMAZING on the iPad Pro. And with some of Morpholio’s features it would be a killer! Anyone agree??

If you search the forums you will find that KB has said—in different words—that he would love to develop an iPad version of Scapple, but as a single developer responsible for Scrivener for Mac and iOS as well as Scapple for Mac, for which he already has improvements he wishes to make, setting about developing Scapple for iOS is more than he can currently contemplate without finding a developer to work on it. And his experience in the development of Scrivener for iOS, which he ended up having to take over himself, no doubt induces further caution.

Mark

I agree & I check back at least every few months to see if it’s in the works.

He really should put the word out to find a developer that would make an iOS version a reality. It’s just money waiting to be made.

Totally agree with that. I’ve being years waiting for an iOS Scapple, to work on my documents on both platforms. I wish one day it could be possible. And great idea about looking for another (good) developer.

I will add my voice to this request too, for all it’s worth. I am another one who keeps checking for Scapple for iPad every couple of months. Scapple just seems like the ideal companion for Scrivener and in fact looks rather designed for the immediacy of the iPad, than for a desktop computer.

Thanks to Lorenzo for the mention of Morpholio; I just downloaded all apps and they look great.

Also agree with Daniel that the absence of a mobile Scapple is a considerable lost business opportunity. Mark explains that the developer can’t get to it with so many other duties. But the result is that many will walk right on by Scapple because it’s not portable. Not meeting your customers’ needs is a precarious business plan. As in any business, you have to keep growing to stay current. Hire on or contract out if you need help, or your customers will go elsewhere. Especially in this market, where scores of apps, even companies, come and go daily.

I just spent a series of evenings exploring a wide range of mind maps and other creativity/productivity apps/programs, and tried several free and trial products. Many have the eye candy factor down–esthetics matter to me because I do photography/graphics/art.

Some look cool, but they all lack the flexibility and speed I need as a writer to quickly capture multiple ideas. Scapple exceeds them all as a creative idea board: it lets you drop ideas anywhere, cluster key aspects, string together topics, pull together hierarchies, and easily rearrange it all as new data points come in. And when things start to take shape, it’s easy to clean it all up into a presentable chart. And only Scapple can be transferred to Scrivener.

But just as my creative workspace seems to be falling into place, with Scapple and Scrivener at home and Scrivener on the iPad…no iOS Scapple. My muses cannot be held back all day: their voices demand to be heard and recorded at any time. So I add my voice to the chorus and implore Literature & Latte to address this essential tool missing from its offerings.

Have you looked at iThoughts or Cmap Tools? iThoughts can export to Scrivener…

What is Morpholio? I fell IN LOVE with Scapple and began using it like crazy, then realized there is no iOS version, nor will there likely ever be based on the explanations and limitations of the developer. So I would love to find something that works just like it for when i very very frequently must do my planning, plotting, brainstorming, creating from home.

I use Notability for all kinds of note-taking, annotating pdf’s, brain-storming, etc, using iPad and Apple Pencil, and I use Paper by WeTransfer for similar free drawing and toying with ideas.

But I also use an app called Cardflow+, which can be used for a lot of stuff, based on cards with different kinds of background structure, and which can be linked.
qrayon.com/home/Cardflow/

Until this dream is realized…what iOS app is recommended for use on iPad Pro and which can be imported into Scapple for Mac at a later date?

Ditto. I’d love to know if there’s any iOS mind-mapping software that will open a scapple file or accept a scapple export.

I export to OPML from Scapple and import into MindNode.

Absolutely, it would be more than a pleasure to work with!

Yes, I’m an experienced software developer without any iOS experience. I would literally take two months off to learn iOS and work on a Scapple port if I had one wish in the world. Love it that much!!

Why? WHY??? Put this on iOS and SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
(I’m too busy)
Okay. Sorry to bother you. Ugh.

I’m planning to use Scrivener and would love to use Scapple but the “no iOS” makes it a “no” for me as my only ideas management solution

I will take a look at Morpholio but in the meantime, I’m trialling SimpleMind - a mind map app on iOS, Mac and Windows that has the feature of allowing crosslinks - arbitrarily linking two topics. I’ll delve into if this can be used without limit for a true many-to-many mapping. The .opml the desktop version generates seems to pass into Scrivener ok, with topics as documents and notes as the document contents.

Please. Make it.

A New Year’s resolution. To port.

Scapple to iOS!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Scapple is in my opinion the absolute best mind mapping software out there. The new Ipad Pro with keyboard and pencil is screaming for an iOS version and so are we. How difficult would it be the adapt to iOS? Scapple and Scrivener on Ipad Pro how amazing would that be? Get it done.

I have been using mindmaps for 35 years from the very beginning and watched many ecosystems complicate themselves out of existence… Simplicity and practicality is a very hard balance and Scapple has it 100%.
I would happily pay for it on IOS , even for the higher range of £20 or so .
The one functionality it is missing , and which prevents me being able to use it extensively for work is the “online collaboration” which Miro has (but Miro is that annoying forced mindmap format and not the lovely card based scapple) .

Please develop it for IOS and at some point make it online/collaborative .

Thanks from a big fan who is happy to pay for this great software.

I want to integrate this into my daily workflows but without an iOS/iPadOS version, Scrapple will never hit the mainstream! Love the app but the development of a mobile version is desperately needed for us geeks who teach others how workflows work.

Please build a mobile version of Scrapple, the time is now!