what is the deal?

ba
batsandshadows
Platform: Windows

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:54 pm Post

I have been trying to interact with other authors and I get zero response.

So, what are the alternatives to Twitter and Facebook?

popcornflix

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 pm Post

batsandshadows wrote:I have been trying to interact with other authors and I get zero response.

So, what are the alternatives to Twitter and Facebook?

Try Reddit. They have many active subreddits for many kinds of writing.
.:popcornFlix:.

kewms
Platform: Mac

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:49 pm Post

How are you using Twitter and Facebook? Looking up specific authors, or trying to find local groups?

It depends on where you are, of course, but I've had good luck on both platforms by looking for local writing groups in my areas of interest.

It also depends on what you're looking for. The public online critique group was killed by copyright concerns, but there are plenty of in person groups and plenty of on- and off-line venues to get together and talk shop.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

Ji
JimRac
Platform: Win + iOS

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 pm Post

Have you tried the forums at absolutewrite? More authors than you can shake a stick at.

https://absolutewrite.com/forums/activity.php
I’m just a customer.

ba
batsandshadows

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 pm Post

kewms wrote:How are you using Twitter and Facebook? Looking up specific authors, or trying to find local groups?

It depends on where you are, of course, but I've had good luck on both platforms by looking for local writing groups in my areas of interest.

It also depends on what you're looking for. The public online critique group was killed by copyright concerns, but there are plenty of in person groups and plenty of on- and off-line venues to get together and talk shop.

Katherine

I use hashtags and my focus is on horror authors. It seems you have to have at least 1000 followers in order to have anyone reply to your posts.

ba
batsandshadows

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:22 pm Post

JimRac wrote:Have you tried the forums at absolutewrite? More authors than you can shake a stick at.

https://absolutewrite.com/forums/activity.php

I have not tried this yet. Heading there now.