Historical Fiction

mr
mrsf
Platform: Mac

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:17 pm Post

Old writer, newly minted college student at Mount Holyoke. One year down and received a research grant for my book. Lots of questions, new to Scrivener. Hope you won't mind ;-)

Ky
KyCoo
Platform: Windows

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:00 am Post

Hello. I'm new here too.

Ah
Ahab

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:26 am Post

Folks here are remarkably forthcoming with answers to questions, from technical arcana to the proper listening music for writers. Though the first questions are often answered by variations on a Did-You-Do-The-Inbuilt-Tutorial? theme.

Yo
YorkshireMom
Platform: Mac

Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:24 pm Post

MR - I'm also new to Scrivener, and new to Historical Fiction. Although I've published three nonfiction books, this feels like baby steps. I just spent an hour figuring out how to make new character sketches!

Good to have a friend out there.

I'll be at the Writers Digest Novel Writing Conference in Pasadena this week - hopefully will come home ready to go. I'm going to use NaNoWriMo to kick start my book

ta
tarzanofmars
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:50 am Post

I do historical fiction as well. Infinitely harder than freeform fiction. I estimate that I've spent 12 hours researching for every 1 spent writing.
I'm at 160k words so far, with a long way to go, but I'm well over the hump on research now, the further I move along the less I will need to research and the more I can write.

How is yours coming along?

NsKu
Platform: Windows

Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:34 am Post

I too write historical fiction, or something to that direction anyway. I have been fan for history as long as I remember, been reading actual history and fiction for ages. Much comes from there what I remember, and its a true.. really much goes when you search something...
If you spell it right, it must be right even its wrong