The New American Dollar

Jacqi Corgan

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:25 pm Post

Vermonter17032 wrote:If you have a dog, one way to get unwanted guests to leave is that after dinner put the plates on the floor and let the dog lick them clean... then stick them back in the cupboard without further cleaning. Works like a charm!

Or, if you don't have a dog, you can let the cats lounge on the kitchen table. :P

Just don't forget to take an anti-bacterial wipe to the table after they leave. :wink:
A scrivener using Scrivener. (Credit to xiamenese! :) )

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:16 pm Post

Jacqi Corgan wrote:Just don't forget to take an anti-bacterial wipe to the table after they leave.

The cats or the in laws? :?
vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:28 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Jacqi Corgan wrote:Just don't forget to take an anti-bacterial wipe to the table after they leave.

vic

There's a difference.

Does anyone else around here have an image of vic-k as the reporter/professor personality in the move The Saint (staring Val Kilmer)? Not sure why, but I cant get this association out of my head.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

vic-k

Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:23 am Post

Jaysen wrote:There's a difference.
?<----have you missed this off

I haven`t seen the movie, but it`s a foregone conclusion, that: if the character is suave; sophisticated; illegally good looking; erudite, but charmingly self-effacing, whilst oozing animal magnetism in criminal quantities, it bears no resemblance to Vic-k whatsoever!! As usual, your assumptions are bobbins tch!!
Do take care
Fluff
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:08 am Post

If this fits the bill.

:twisted:

vic-k.jpg
vic-k.jpg (26.16 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

vic-k

Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:34 am Post

Jaysen wrote:If this fits the bill.

No, it does not. This gentleman appears to be overly endowed with teeth. Most of vic-k`s are missing.
Do take care
Fluff

Jacqi Corgan

Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:13 pm Post

vic-k wrote:

vic

Both!

vic-k

Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:17 pm Post

Why? Whats wrong with the cats, on the table? :?
Their hair is a valuable source of protein.

If a guest hold up a soup spoon, with what looks suspiciously, like a long white cat hair, dangling from it, just tell`em it`s leeks. Tell`em,"Leeks go like that, when you finely chop them lengthways. The individual Leek fibres separate." Of course, that excuse wont be of any use to you, if it`s a spoonful of,'Sticky Toffee Pudding'! :oops:
vic

Jacqi Corgan

Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:35 pm Post

vic-k wrote:Why? Whats wrong with the cats, on the table? :?

You're obviously lucky enough not to have this problem with Fluff, but I have a cat that has a weird penchant for rolling in the litter box. Eeew! :shock: So, aside from the usual "we know where that cat's tongue has been" gross-out, I have to be particularly vigilant about cleaning -- and keeping the little felines off the tables & countertops.

This is the same cat, BTW, who tries to lick the adhesive from any tape available to him and the emulsion off any photographic print. One day, he found the remains of a white Russian mixed drink (vodka, coffee liqueur, half-&-half) that my husband had left on a side table. This cat stuck his little head down as far as he could into the glass, and polished off the drink! :o We nicknamed him the Plush Lush after that, because to this day, he'll beg anyone with a white Russian drink.

Yes, I've consulted a veterinarian. No clue.

vic-k

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:17 pm Post

Having read
Jacqi Corgan wrote:This is the same cat, BTW, who tries to lick the adhesive from any tape available to him and the emulsion off any photographic print.
I`m convince more than ever, that cats are substance abusers.

We have a quarry tile floor over half of the kitchen (where food prep`n`cooking takes place). To clean it, I squirt a line of bleach down the middle of the floor, then scrub it with a long handled, short bristled scrubbing brush dipped in boiling water. Then I mop the floor, again using boiling water. I have to close all doors to the kitchen. As soon as I start to scrub, within seconds the door to the hallway starts to rattle like hell! Fluff`s out there and she wants, IN. Eventually I have to open the doors to help the floor dry completely.

Fluff does her Exocet impersonation, past me, and launches herself at the damp floor, and starts rolling all over it. I shout, "Gerrroff!!"
She shouts, Meeaaahhh!!
"Gerrroff!!"
"Meeaaahhh!!
"Gerrroff!!"
"Meeaaahhh!!
"Gerrroff!!"
She`s a bleach junkie. If she smells it on my hands, she wraps her two front paws around my wrist, and bites like hell. Another addiction is: drinking water that`s lying on any plastic surface. Rain on a plastic garden recliner, for example. She`ll jump up on it, start licking the rainwater at one end, and wouldn`t stop until reached the other end, if I didn`t make her!! It`s as though she can taste the chemicals, from the plastic.

We think the lovely Siren is a chronic substance abuser, but,I`m telling y`, Fluff`ll give her a run for her money!

vic

Siren
Platform: Mac + iOS

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:31 pm Post

vic-k wrote:We think the lovely Siren is a chronic substance abuser, but,I`m telling y`, Fluff`ll give her a run for her money!

Much as I enjoy the constant surprises of my inexplicably exotic online persona, in the interests of full disclosure I feel I ought to point out that you would all be terribly disappointed to learn the reality of my humdrum and uneventful existence. I admit to a mild liking for the smell of bleach (it makes me feel like an efficient/dutiful wife, mother and housekeeper) but, even so, I assure you that I have never felt even remotely tempted to roll in it. :) Take it from me, Fluff is much more interesting!
Literature & Latte support team

vic-k

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:23 pm Post

Well how come then, your daughter`s christened Chardonnay, and your triplet sons, Barley, Malt and Hopps? :?
The Guardian Society Supplement (Social Services etc.), is full of similar cases every week i.e.

BIRMINGHAM BINGE DRINKER TRIES TO CHRISTENS HER SON, 'HAPPY HOUR' LOCAL REGISTRAR of BIRTHS DEATHS & MARRIAGES, SAYS,"OVER MY F****** DEAD BODY!"

Jaysen

Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:05 am Post

vic-k wrote:BIRMINGHAM BINGE DRINKER TRIES TO CHRISTENS HER SON, 'HAPPY HOUR' LOCAL REGISTRAR of BIRTHS DEATHS & MARRIAGES, SAYS,"OVER MY F****** DEAD BODY!"

I think vic-k just reveled his current occupation…

the question now is only "is he the binge drinking mother or the registrar?" Mother may be the safer bet.

:twisted:
Jaysen

ImageImage

dr
druid
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:50 am Post

A serious point or two to add to this hopelessly silly conversation.

Cats who live indoors really long to be outdoors, their more natural habitat.
Dry indoor air often affects their skins. Rolling in cat litter relieves the itches.
A solution might be to brush them more often, to release natural oils.
Cats who lick at adhesive tape, etc may have a nutritional deficiency.
They do much better on wet canned food, not the dry stuff.
And as they grow older, switch to the senior cat food; easier to digest.

I apologize for interrupting Vic's fascinating glimpse of his domestic life.

Jacqi Corgan

Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:12 am Post

Hey, thanks, druid! Good thing Ookie love to be brushed. He does get plenty of wet cat food. In fact, the vet usually remarks that I'm probably letting him have too much wet food, 'cause Ook tips the scale at more than 16 pounds. :o (So much for Abyssinian-mix cats staying trim!)