Your avatar pic, Keith

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:11 pm Post

WhaleVomit77 wrote:I quite like the Robot Maria ... er, female robot you created there, Keith! :D

Especially well suited, I think, for Keith's forthcoming immersive massively multi-writer game/writeware venture, Scrivtropolis.

Siren

Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:28 pm Post

gr wrote:Keith's forthcoming immersive massively multi-writer game/writeware venture, Scrivtropolis.

And there was me thinking I was a real person, with a real job in technical support and everything, and it turns out that I'm just a figment of Keith's imagination, trapped in a beta-test fictional world. Oh, no! How am I ever to escape this spiralling quandary of existentialism? :shock:
Literature & Latte support team

yosimiti
Platform: Mac

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:40 pm Post

I only recently watched Fritz Lang's Metropolis and had I not watched it I probably wouldn't get what's being said here.

Nevertheless, I guess the mascot doesn't have to be a robot cause well it's not only sci fi writers who use this app.

Hmmm... Back to the drawing board ...er... I mean scapple....

gr

Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:19 am Post

Siren wrote:And there was me thinking I was a real person, with a real job in technical support and everything, and it turns out that I'm just a figment of Keith's imagination, trapped in a beta-test fictional world.

We have been walking on egg shells, b/c nobody wanted to break it to you. Frankly, I'm relieved.

You know, maybe your avatar should have been a clue. I'm just saying.

xiamenese

Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 am Post

WhaleVomit77 wrote:I quite like the Robot Maria ... er, female robot you created there, Keith! :D

If you mean the middle one on the right hand side, I agree with you, but there's one problem I foresee: the many new users of Scrivener and Scapple who keep telling Keith that Lit&Lat will soon be in trouble if he doesn't start making upgrades to match anything they have gleaned from other software ... they will see the Scrivener logos in her eyes as dollar signs and take that as confirmation that Lit&Lat is about making as much money as possible as quickly as possible, rather than about creating the best software for its designated purpose.

:D

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.6, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 14, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

yosimiti

Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:39 pm Post

Oh come on. A mascot isn't about making money. It's about embodying the team spirit of writers who use scrivener, encapsulated in genial, enjoyable to look at avatar or picture.

It's about having fun!

Am
Amcmo

Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:14 am Post

I have to disagree.

IMHO L&L Do Not need a mascot.

All they need is to continue doing what they do best, developing incredible, focussed software.

Leave 'mascots' etc to those companies who feel they need to distract from their failings, or those who focus more on hype than substance.

Again, IMHO, the Micrsoft paperclip doofer was one of the biggest wanks in MS history. (apologies to anyone offended by the 'w' word.)

yosimiti

Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:46 pm Post

Haha, your right. I meant this more as activity for fans of the software to participate in, to show their spirit is all. I didn't expect Keith himself to step up the game and make actual drawings!

This thread was created purely for fun and by no means do I think it should be implemented as some assistant within the software itself.

gr

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:59 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:.....

re: Your own new avatar.

It all begins to make sense now.

yosimiti

Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:52 pm Post

Yeah I don't know what to do with my avatar...I can't stand it and yet I can't look away...