Play Revision Page Color

Hi Scrivener Community,

I wasn’t entirely sure where this post should go so please feel free to move it if it’s in the wrong place.

I am a playwright and the only thing that keeps me from totally using Scrivener instead of other industry standards (which I hate) is that I can’t seem to figure out how to change a page color when I revise a scene. I’d be happy to change the background color of an entire scene if individual pages aren’t possible but can anyone help me with this? I’ve searched through the forums and can’t seem to find a way to do it. It seems like a fairly simple option.

Thanks!

Yeah there really is no concept of a page in Scrivener’s editor, so such a thing would have to be section-based. There are already systems that can be used to track revision status rather easily, however. You can use the Label feature to mark revision status, and label colours can be made more accessible with the options in View/Use Label Colour In/ sub-menu. I like the “Icon” option, as that shows up in the editor, but the “Index Card” option is nice if you tend to leave the Inspector open.