Cut Down version of the Manual

Ki
Kinsey
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:24 pm Post

Please don't mess with the manual, it's invaluable.

Anybody looking for a quickie intro (to Scrivener :D ) hasn't looked very hard at the manual at all, or noticed the YouTube video section in the new project template page. An application as complex as this does require the user to invest a little time learning the basics!

StaceyUK
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:31 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Does nobody just dive in and twiddle every knob to see what they do anymore?

I still do that. I learn most things that way. How I've learnt most of Scrivener... resorting to fluttering my eyelashes* when I get stuck.

*fluttering eyelashes is optional
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

Windows 7
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.0.26 Beta

garpu
Platform: Linux

Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:13 pm Post

StaceyUK wrote:
pigfender wrote:Does nobody just dive in and twiddle every knob to see what they do anymore?

I still do that. I learn most things that way. How I've learnt most of Scrivener... resorting to fluttering my eyelashes* when I get stuck.

Thought you were supposed to just bash it with a hammer until it works?
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:41 pm Post

garpu wrote:
StaceyUK wrote:

Thought you were supposed to just bash it with a hammer until it works?

That is step three for those with eyes capable of fluttering their lashes. For certain individuals (many seem to be fond of melting metal) you are providing step 1.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage