Feature wish-list - the most important one

What I want is no more features. None. It’s fine. Enough with the tyranny of choice already.

(I’m prejudiced. In the thing I’m working on currently, there’s an annual festival called Genugstag which celebrates the day – “Enough Day” – when everyone decided that progress was all very well but had gone on too long, and voted to call a halt. I was tipped off by Greece’s “Ohi Day” when Metaxas said “Ohi” – “no!” – to Mussolini’s ultimatum.) (Though actually what Metaxas said was actually “Okay, right, then I suppose it’s war”. Which it was.) (Unlike having a Greek bank account, when every day is Ohi Day.)

Anyway. Features? Ohi!

+1. :slight_smile:

+2

That mumbling in the background is KB saying “quelle surprise.”

Phil

+3
jd

I just downloaded the beta to give it a whirl–I love it! I add my vote to keep it simple with maybe the addition of one new feature–the ability to change the style of the connecting lines. :slight_smile:

You can already switch between arrows and dotted lines.

Heh, of course, the request to “keep it simple with the addition of one feature” by a 1,000 users is how software becomes complex. :slight_smile:

All the best,
Keith

[size=150]No! more! fea-tures! [/size]
No! more! fea-tures!
[size=85]No! more! fea! tures![/size]
[size=50]No! more! fea! tures![/size]

nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-nomorefeatures-

SIMPLE IS BETTER!!!
Giovanni

This is a fantastic piece of software. I agree that its simplicity is part of its power,however I would like it to be possible to have the connecting lines labelled. I’d also like the possibility of layers, so that one could superimpose Scapple maps, for comparison, or for 3D linking, rotation and contemplation. having said this, I’d be very glad to pony up for a stable version of Scapple as is: it’s truly a thing of beauty, and you deserve every success with and from it.

Hm, lemme see, they had a quill and some ink and some scrap of some sort of something or other that took the ink and they scratched away and spilled blots and dropped coffee or tea or mottled bananas or sake or Laphroig on the squiggles & breathless sluices and at the end they figured something out.

Dave

I could see this - or something very like it - being useful for some mathematical work, especially if one could collect a set of items in a row as well as - currently - in a column.

With that in mind, a default initial size for the “item bubble” would be better if it were shorter - to being a single bubble, square, oblate spheroid or whatever;

cross hairs to show the precise location of the centre of a bubble, when initially setting;

Also, a toggle to allow a default border of one’s choice.

A longer, more orderly, list of colour options from which to choose.

But, once again: I’m already using this with a great deal of satisfaction, and will pay money for it when the opportunity arises.

I’m going to add my agreement that more features might be okay, but it’s just fine as it is.

I’ve tried several different diagramming apps, but so many of them are too complicated. I spend more time trying to figure out how to display things than I do thinking about the ideas I want to get across or work out. So annoying! Scrapple though… all of that display nonsense gets pushed to the background and I can focus on my ideas. So nice! I am excited :slight_smile:

Also, while I will probably use it for writing as well, at the moment I’m using it to work out some thoughts for my web app :slight_smile: Useful for writing and programming!

It’s not collection, but have you tried Ctrl-Cmd-Right and LeftArrow? This will go across on a row, and if you don’t want the lines afterwards, you can just select them all and use the Notes/Disconnect menu command to do so.

For collection, although there isn’t a single command way to do it like stacking, the align top and distribute horizontal commands do a good job of this.

Bump

I can agree with the adding of new features, but I think those new features should come in the next version and that they should all relate to the original vision (which, if I understand correctly, is to recreate what can be done on paper). I also think that any options added should not get in the way of the speed and ease of creating and logging new ideas to scapple - the changes should be seamless for users who have their workflows figured out (i.e. the OP and everyone else who doesn’t want changes).

I too love scapple how it is, but I do think it could be even better. I just don’t want to lose the things I love about it now.